A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
problems with large amount of data

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

mariebmk
New User

Nov 16, 2004, 11:20 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1893 views)
Shortcut
problems with large amount of data Can't Post

Hello! I'm having troubles getting the htmlArea to send a consistant amount of data. I copy and paste a document from word (fairly large, and includes tables) and then just post it to another page (this is in IE). When I print out how many characters were passed its anywhere from 80 to 650 or so. I tried the same code in mozilla (so without the htmlarea) and the actual amount that should be sent is over 200,000. Anyone know why all the data wouldn't be sent under IE, or why the data size isn't consistant?

Thanks

Beth

SinPI
New User

Nov 22, 2004, 3:29 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mariebmk] problems with large amount of data [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps it is a similar problem... Whenever I enter a large amount of text - okay, maybe not very large, several paragraphs is enough - the Submit button on my forms refuses to work. It is definitely related to the text length, as deleting a paragraph or two solves the problem. What could cause this? I see no length limits in the code...
Tested just now: 926 characters went through, 960 blocked. Odd...

(This post was edited by SinPI on Nov 22, 2004, 3:47 PM)

Double_u1
Novice

Dec 3, 2004, 4:28 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1774 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SinPI] problems with large amount of data [In reply to] Can't Post

try the html POST method to send a huge amount of data...

SinPI
New User

Dec 4, 2004, 1:39 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Double_u1] problems with large amount of data [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, indeed. I have found it already days ago, and cursed my stupidity appropriately. I'd presume it would be the browser that would display a warning message - "you are attempting to send 11458 bytes using GET method, which is too fscking much, would you like to use POST or what?" - but noooo.

Thank you for your response, anyway :)

Search for (options)