A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
<TAG> to <tag>

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

NoName
New User

Dec 8, 2004, 12:30 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2372 views)
Shortcut
<TAG> to <tag> Can't Post

Hi!
I'm also new to HtmlArea, but I find it to be a great tool!

I'm just curious if it is possible to change the tags from capital to small letters?Unsure

Thanks!

jonnyl
Novice

Dec 8, 2004, 11:56 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NoName] <TAG> to <tag> [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe someone has written a patch for this? Would be great.

In the meantime I would solve it on the server side. Using server side scripting you could do the following:
  1. Start with two Strings. One with the htmlArea output and one empty.
  2. Parse through the htmlArea output. As long as there aren't any tags simply copy the content to the empty string
  3. When you come upon a tag, replace whatever is within the "<" and ">" with lower case replacements. (Every script language has stringfunctions for changing to lower case).
  4. Don't save the original output, save the new version of the output.

That would do it.

NoName
New User

Dec 9, 2004, 1:58 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jonnyl] <TAG> to <tag> [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Maybe someone has written a patch for this? Would be great.

In the meantime I would solve it on the server side. Using server side scripting you could do the following:
  1. Start with two Strings. One with the htmlArea output and one empty.
  2. Parse through the htmlArea output. As long as there aren't any tags simply copy the content to the empty string
  3. When you come upon a tag, replace whatever is within the "<" and ">" with lower case replacements. (Every script language has stringfunctions for changing to lower case).
  4. Don't save the original output, save the new version of the output.

That would do it.

Well, I'm not that expert in scripting, as I said. Yes, a script is a good idea, provided one can write it.

Still, I prefer a patch if created. Anybody knows such patch?

Plus, I noticed a strange behavior - if copy/paste a text from MS Word, for example, the HtmlArea ads some strange <0:p></0:p> tags. Any ideas what might be the reason for that?

Search for (options)