A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
New Install/Setup

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

angel17
New User

Dec 11, 2004, 2:50 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2245 views)
Shortcut
New Install/Setup Can't Post

This is my first time using htmlArea. I am using Apache server with php.

I am only using htmlArea to allow clients to edit simple static HTML pages.

I need an exmple to show me how to save the textarea to a flat file on the server, then pull it out on the page that will be viewed on the Internet.

In other words, where I could have:

1. page1_edit.html (where the textarea form resides that will be saved to page1_saved.txt)
2. page1_saved.txt (where the textarea contents will be saved in a flat file)
3. page1.html (where the contents of the textarea are viewed on the Internet)

I have an example page setup with htmlArea, which is working fine. Just need to know how to save it to a file and display the page when someone accesses it on the Internet. Here is my sample page:

http://www.unlocktheweb.com/htmlarea/page1_edit.html

Thanks, Angel

angel17
New User

Dec 11, 2004, 4:14 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [angel17] New Install/Setup [In reply to] Can't Post

I have figured this out with php. If anyone needs a simple way to do this, please email me at sasg1470@hotmail.com and I'll send you my sample files.

This is for saving to a file...no database needed!

I have looked for two days with no posts on how to do this, but a few lines of php did the trick.

Angel

Search for (options)