A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
Call a popup with htmlarea and return plain html text

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

edwardtse
New User

Dec 15, 2004, 2:41 AM

Post #1 of 3 (5767 views)
Shortcut
Call a popup with htmlarea and return plain html text Can't Post

Hi,

I'm new to htmlArea2.

Can anyone help ?

I want to create a html with normal <textarea> field but have a link to call a popup window with htmlarea editor embeded.

Once the editing is finished in the popup and i click a close button.

formated html text will be returned to the normal <textarea> of the main window.

Can anyone help ?

Many Thanks

Luis
Veteran

Dec 15, 2004, 3:50 AM

Post #2 of 3 (5757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edwardtse] Call a popup with htmlarea and return plain html text [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Edwardtse:

In your HTMLArea's page, add the line in red to pass the original value of your plaintext textarea to the HTMLArea (if any):

<script language='javascript1.2'>
editor_generate('Body');
document.all.YourTextareaName.value = top.parent.opener.f.a.value;
</script>

and add the link that will update your plaintext Textarea:

<A HREF="javascript:void(0)" onclick="editor_setmode('YourTextAreaName', 'init'); top.parent.opener.f.a.value=editor_getHTML('YourTextAreaName');editor_setmode('YourTextAreaName', 'init');window.close();">Pass Content to Opener Textarea</A>

Then, in your plaintext textarea's page, add the link that will call the editor as in the example below:

<FORM NAME="f" METHOD="post" ACTION="">
<TEXTAREA COLS="60" ROWS="6" NAME="a"></TEXTAREA>
</FORM>
<A HREF="javascript:void(0)" onclick="window.open('index.html','index','toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=no,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes');">WYSIWYG</A>

Change the values in bold to match your own.

I hope this be of help. Greetings

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

edwardtse
New User

Dec 15, 2004, 12:35 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] Call a popup with htmlarea and return plain html text [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Luis,

Thanks a lot Sly

Search for (options)