A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
This is what I need

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

g3stuff
New User

Jan 28, 2005, 7:46 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1712 views)
Shortcut
This is what I need Can't Post

Hello all,

I have been using htmlArea 2.03 for almost a year and it has been a wonderful advancment for our organization's website. I would like to add a little more functionality, but java is not my thing. Is anyone willing to do a little hand holding or just flat out help me out?

What I want to add is:
  • Image Upload (we have ASPUpload) with some sort of size limit preferred
  • Use css styles for formatting instead of allowing users to pick and choose odd combinations of colors, sizes, and fonts.
  • REMOVE word tags and/or all tags when copy and pasting or dragging

Will the version that I can download from WebStationOne do all of that, and if so, can I remove many of the other options (as I only want to give our volunteers limited options to cause trouble)?

Thanks all,

Bob

AG
Novice

Feb 3, 2005, 9:02 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [g3stuff] This is what I need [In reply to] Can't Post

all those options have been developed. You just got to look for it and implement it. Takes a bit of time and research

Search for (options)