A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
ASP: Pure ASP upload, Database-driven image-inserting for v. 2.03

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

eisa
User

Nov 12, 2003, 5:47 AM

Post #26 of 37 (11987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eisa] ASP: Pure ASP upload, Database-driven image-inserting for v. 2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Automatically sorting of images and documents on upload is added. (See attachments).
Images will automatically be uploaded to a image-folder and defined in the database as a image. Documents will be uploaded to the document-folder and defined in the database as a document. Notice that also Flash-files will be defined as images and uploaded into the image-folder. If you wan't to change that you do this in in upload_insert.asp.

http://www.savio.no/htmlarea/example.asp | Webdesign
Attachments: upload_include.asp (3.79 KB)
  upload_insert.asp (6.54 KB)

OnlineD
New User

Nov 21, 2003, 7:03 AM

Post #27 of 37 (11940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eisa] ASP: Pure ASP upload, Database-driven image-inserting for v. 2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

I have just tried to set this up on my machine and it mostly works really well. However the image upload feature does not allow me to browse for an image, or show a preview. In the browse area I get 'The page cannot be displayed', in the preview I just get a blank image square.

It's bound to be a configuration fault I my part but can anyone steer me in the direction to fix it.

eisa
User

Nov 25, 2003, 3:41 PM

Post #28 of 37 (11909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OnlineD] ASP: Pure ASP upload, Database-driven image-inserting for v. 2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you figured it out? I'm sorry about it has taken so long time for me to respond, but I'm really busy for the moment. By the way, since you are using the word "browse", are you using the database-version or the "browse-for-file" version?

OnlineD
New User

Nov 28, 2003, 7:05 AM

Post #29 of 37 (11890 views)
Shortcut

No I haven't figured it out. I am using the database version but had assumed that a browse option would give me the opportunity to browse my hard didsk to locate the file. The upload the file to a specified directly and store the file name in the database.

Am I completly off track on this one?

turbo2000
Novice

Apr 20, 2004, 6:23 PM

Post #30 of 37 (11386 views)
Shortcut

Is it me or are there missing the connection file?

I get this error when opening the image dialog window:

The include file '/Connections/ImgDatabase.asp' was not found. :S

esthera
User

Apr 27, 2004, 4:19 AM

Post #31 of 37 (11367 views)
Shortcut

Can I keep my editor.js (I have customized it) and still use this image uploader.

Are there many things that you changed in the editor.js file?

eisa
User

Apr 27, 2004, 6:34 AM

Post #32 of 37 (11363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [turbo2000] ASP: Pure ASP upload, Database-driven image-inserting for v. 2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

No the file isn't missing, but it isn't placed in the correct folder in the zip-file. In the zip-file it's placed in the root so you need to create a folder and place it at the correct place.

(This post was edited by eisa on Apr 27, 2004, 6:42 AM)

eisa
User

Apr 27, 2004, 6:42 AM

Post #33 of 37 (11362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [esthera] ASP: Pure ASP upload, Database-driven image-inserting for v. 2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes you should be able to do that. I have added some code in the editor.js file with the uploadfunction (which isn't much), and added some code for the insert file function. But the editor.js file can be very different from others since it's created many versions of it.

esthera
User

May 5, 2004, 3:04 AM

Post #34 of 37 (11291 views)
Shortcut

I tried this and it works great. The problem is if I upload a .swf file it does not show correctly in the preview or in html editor.

Any ideas?

eisa
User

May 6, 2004, 6:14 AM

Post #35 of 37 (11280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [esthera] ASP: Pure ASP upload, Database-driven image-inserting for v. 2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, that's correct. A .swf-file will not be shown correctly simply because it's not a image. If you look in the upload_insert.asp file at line 70 you will see that I classify a .swf-file as a image, which isn't really correct. There is a Flash add-on, but I haven't implemented it. Do a search in this forum, implement the Flash add-on, create a flash-folder, change the code in line 70 and you should be up and running with Flash also.

I will not implement this myself, but will see if I can implement some functions into the 3.0-version instead if I find some time to do it. This because it makes better code (almost valid XHTML) and work's in Mozilla also.

mstimson
New User

May 14, 2004, 8:30 AM

Post #36 of 37 (11008 views)
Shortcut

I have a bit of a problem with the example.asp page. It has an include at the top for a WebDatabase.asp page. I don't see it in the zip file? Could someone let me know where to get this file? Thanks Mike

eisa
User

May 19, 2004, 2:52 AM

Post #37 of 37 (10891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mstimson] ASP: Pure ASP upload, Database-driven image-inserting for v. 2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't worry about this included file, it has nothing to do with the HTMLArea, I have just forgotten to remove it from example.asp. Delete that code, the reason the included file is there is because I'm counting downloads.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options)