A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
<P> not cleaned up

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

Laetitia
New User

Jul 20, 2003, 9:22 PM

Post #1 of 6 (10713 views)
Shortcut
<P> not cleaned up Can't Post

I'm using Luis' last version and it's still inserting <P> tags whenever I press enter. Is this the normal behavior? What should I do to get <BR> tags instead?

Thanks!

Laetitia

Luis
Veteran

Jul 21, 2003, 1:11 AM

Post #2 of 6 (10706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Laetitia] <P> not cleaned up [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Laetitia:

P tag is the normal behaviour when hitting enter.

I wouldn't recommend to change the behaviour to make it insert <BR> instead of <P>. Doing that alters many things in the editor. Just to mention a few, <A> tag, and <LI> will misbehave.

To create <BR>, the normal behaviour is hitting SHIFT+Enter. Another solution is to create a button which inserts the <BR> code.

If you still want to change it even when you are aware it will make the editor misbehave anywhere, the code is inside my editor.js, just uncomment this block:

// cancel ENTER key and insert <BR> instead
//
(Example to insert code onkey event)
if (ord == 13 && editEvent.type == 'keypress') {
editEvent.returnValue = false;
editor_insertHTML(objname, "<br>"); return;
}

Regarding your other question about custom tags, it's possible to insert your own tags, however, the Word cleaner will not allow to insert tags which contain : (colon). If you want to disable the Word Cleaner in order to allow colon tags be inserted, post me back to tell you how.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

Laetitia
New User

Jul 21, 2003, 7:32 AM

Post #3 of 6 (10692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] <P> not cleaned up [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Luis,

Thank you! SHIFT+ENTER will work for now.

Concerning custom tags: yes, please your help would be greatly appreciated. Im using JSPs and JSP tags used colons all over the places. Tags with no colons don't seem to work too well either. For instance <@include> is converted to &lt;@include&gt;

Thank you!

Laetitia

(This post was edited by Laetitia on Jul 21, 2003, 7:32 AM)

Luis
Veteran

Jul 21, 2003, 9:35 PM

Post #4 of 6 (10668 views)
Shortcut

Hi Laetitia:

To keep colon tags, comment out the line below in function cleanHTML(unclean)

//unclean = unclean.replace(/<\/?\w+:[^>]*>/gi, "");

Regarding <@include>, I don't have an answer yet and I'm kind of busy now. I'll try to make a time to look at this and I will let you know.

Just a question; how do the <@include> tag gets entered? Is it when creating a page; when editing an existing page or in both cases?

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

(This post was edited by Luis on Jul 21, 2003, 9:39 PM)

anteeee
New User

Mar 9, 2004, 10:11 AM

Post #5 of 6 (10218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] <P> not cleaned up [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I can't keep my own tags, the htmlArea replaces them to encoded HTML whenever I switch between WYSIWYG- and code-view.

Anyone solved this? To be able to keep:

Code
 <jsp:myTag id="hello world" />

-- OR --

Code
<myPrefix:myTag label="Test"> 
<param name="id">290</param>
</myPrefix:myTag>

Any help at all is much appreciated!!! Smile

august2
New User

Apr 18, 2004, 1:52 PM

Post #6 of 6 (10081 views)
Shortcut

I keep every server-side script away from editor. I use php to extract <??> <%%> <script> (also <object> because if cannot perform good output, cause flash not show ) and keep it as varible, replace with image or special code(I use <xxx>and</xxx>) to define script position. I replace back when I need output.

It work for me.

(This post was edited by august2 on Apr 20, 2004, 1:07 PM)

Search for (options)