htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

lvni900
User

Feb 26, 2003, 10:37 AM

Post #1 of 21 (23608 views)
Shortcut
2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks Can't Post

Here's my 2.03 version including Table handling (insert,delete,merge,properties,null border show) Discard on exit, cut copy paste, preview, find, special characters and formatblocks.

All mods are marked //changed -inserted -updated by lvn

-Only function currently not working is the merge rows.

-Contextmenus work but pop under drop down boxes.
Attachments: htmlarea.zip (107 KB)

drormata
Novice

Feb 28, 2003, 1:05 AM

Post #2 of 21 (23548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lvni900] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

Really great features. Makes the editor a much more full fledged WYSIWIG editor.
Any chance of merging it into the 3.0 branch? That branch works with Mozilla and is supposed to be faster.

With these changes I don't think there's a lot of client side work that needs to be done. Now it's mostly an issue of server integration with things like image upload, etc.

Dror

AtK
User

Feb 28, 2003, 2:15 AM

Post #3 of 21 (23544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drormata] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

htmlArea 3.0 has alpha-status, and most of the basic-source will change.. so itīs not good to add the modīs now.

greetz
AtK

lvni900
User

Feb 28, 2003, 4:51 AM

Post #4 of 21 (23538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drormata] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

These mods were made mostly in januari, even before 3.0 existed. If you look in the older forum entries, you'll find lot's of wishes for 3.0, I'm shure the guys of Interactive tools will make the best of it. Since 3.0 is alpha and people are still working on it, I do not consider to port my mods into that version right now.

drormata
Novice

Feb 28, 2003, 11:01 AM

Post #5 of 21 (23515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lvni900] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

Fair enough. 3.0 is the first version that supports Mozilla which makes htmlarea available on other platforms than windows. That's the main reason I need to use that version.

I can wait though for these features, or if I get too impatient I can look at porting your changes to 3.0. Who should I talk to about this? I've seen that there's been talk
of moving the project to sourceforge. That would be great because with CVS it's much easier to make the modifications to several versions at once.

Regards,

Dror

Caraflauta
New User

Mar 8, 2003, 2:37 PM

Post #6 of 21 (23315 views)
Shortcut

Great work, as every add-on people are posting in this forum !!!

Only one thing:

The select fields (pixels, percent) on popups throw an exception that disappears when removing the onfocus event.

Best regards!!!

lvni900
User

Mar 10, 2003, 2:53 PM

Post #7 of 21 (23260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Caraflauta] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

What operating system, what browser?

What is the execption you get, what is the linenumber?

I've been testing it under wxp + ie6 w2k +ie6 w95+ie 5.5 w98 + ie6 and it works fine.

Caraflauta
New User

Mar 10, 2003, 3:20 PM

Post #8 of 21 (23254 views)
Shortcut

Microsoft Windows 2000
5.00.2195 SP3
Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 SP1

An error has ocurred in this dialog.
Error: 212

romain
Novice

Mar 11, 2003, 9:58 AM

Post #9 of 21 (23230 views)
Shortcut

it's really good and complete on table ops ! a big big thanks for all your fantastic work ! Wink

the only thing is that user interface is not too friendly Tongue but, may be i'll work on it to give it a better look.

schorhr
User

Mar 11, 2003, 10:18 AM

Post #10 of 21 (23228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [romain] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

I also would like this cool version to be included in v3 :-(

Well, I guess I just have to install both. . . Dang!

;-)

Ciao!

lvni900
User

Mar 11, 2003, 1:33 PM

Post #11 of 21 (23217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Caraflauta] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

In(der;=)deed, I stupidly copied de onfocus=select() on all tags, including the select ones that don't support the select method!

Either correct it, removing the onfocus="select()" or find the corrected version in the attached zip.

lvni900
User

Mar 11, 2003, 1:35 PM

Post #12 of 21 (23216 views)
Shortcut

Upload did'nt work ... here it comes

lvni900
User

Mar 11, 2003, 1:42 PM

Post #13 of 21 (23214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [romain] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

My roots are accounting and programming, so feel free to show your graphic capablities.

redspider
User

Mar 12, 2003, 2:13 AM

Post #14 of 21 (23182 views)
Shortcut

Lvni,

Thanks, I think it's also necessary to remove the onfocus="select()" for the frame an rule function in the table properties popup because there you also get errors when you don't remove the tag.
greetz

Redspider
Belgium
http://www.tielt.be

romain
Novice

Mar 12, 2003, 3:48 AM

Post #15 of 21 (23178 views)
Shortcut

when i'll have some time, i'll post my graphic & ergonomics modifications : link to web, to email, to anchor ; link to a file in the gallery & more

lvni900
User

Mar 12, 2003, 2:40 PM

Post #16 of 21 (23152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [redspider] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

In the insert_rule I made (note, not present in the version I zipped) there's only a select on a checkbox.

On the checkbox object the select() is allowed, here's the list of supported objects:

INPUT type=button, INPUT type=checkbox, INPUT type=file, INPUT type=image, INPUT type=password, INPUT type=radio, INPUT type=reset, INPUT type=submit, INPUT type=text, TEXTAREA

So, I do not think it may cause problems.

Groeten, Leo.

andi_de
New User

Mar 13, 2003, 10:44 AM

Post #17 of 21 (23118 views)
Shortcut

i've found a little bug with the formatblocks : they don't work with german browsers (maybe only at my local systems, but...)

to fix it, just change lang: "d", to lang : "de" in editor.js.

lvni900
User

Mar 13, 2003, 2:04 PM

Post #18 of 21 (23104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andi_de] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thx Andy! This is realy helpfull. I (mis) thought the code was 'd'.

I've corrected it in the new attached version.

Remarks welcome!

BjornHolm
New User

Mar 13, 2003, 4:31 PM

Post #19 of 21 (23094 views)
Shortcut

I think your table-addon is great, but there is a bug in it. I don't know if it is your addon, or the htmlarea that causes this.
When I insert a table a <br> is added to all lines.
This is an example of the genereate code for an inserted table:

<br><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width=100 border=1><br>
<TBODY><br>
<TR><br>
<TD>1</TD><br>
<TD>2</TD><br>
<TD>3</TD></TR><br>
<TR><br>
<TD>4</TD><br>
<TD>5</TD><br>
<TD>6</TD></TR><br>
<TR><br>
<TD>7</TD><br>
<TD>8</TD><br>
<TD>9</TD></TR><br>
<TR><br>
<TD>a</TD><br>
<TD>b</TD><br>
<TD>c</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><br>

As you can see, all lines ends with <br>. Any ideas about what is going on?

lvni900
User

Mar 13, 2003, 4:41 PM

Post #20 of 21 (23094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BjornHolm] 2.03 Tables, Discard on exit, cutcopypaste, preview, find, special characters,formatblocks [In reply to] Can't Post

Please test it in example.html of my version first!

It works as should. Note: the standard insert table is from the original 2.03, only thing I changed is the use of global variables to avoid the use of a server.

BjornHolm
New User

Mar 13, 2003, 5:19 PM

Post #21 of 21 (23090 views)
Shortcut

I found the bug. It was in my code. I had some old code that kind of made a mess of everything. Wink
This line had to go: Tekst = Replace(Tekst2,chr(13),"<br>",1)

Search for (options)