A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Add-ons

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

ellison
New User

Apr 28, 2003, 1:17 PM

Post #1 of 5 (7028 views)
Shortcut
Add-ons Can't Post

And someone point me to a zip file that has the latest add-ons for htmlarea? I got a zip file from Redspider, but try as I may, everything comes up in a language other than english...(including help pages). Any help you could would be fantastic.

Thanks

-Pete

Benjamin
Staff

May 8, 2003, 1:07 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ellison] Add-ons [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Pete,

I'm afraid there isn't really a comprehensive zip containing all the different add-ons, as some are incompatible with eachother - and besides, most people would only have use for a single add-on, not a whole slew of them like with redspider's htmlArea.

Is there any particular functionality you were looking to get, or really just a 'upgrade' to all new available functionality?
Ben
interactivetools.com

ellison
New User

May 8, 2003, 1:24 PM

Post #3 of 5 (6928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Benjamin] Add-ons [In reply to] Can't Post

Spellcheck would be nice as well as any ties to MS Outlook.

Luis
Veteran

May 8, 2003, 5:50 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6914 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ellison:

You can download the spellchecker in the post #11 of this link:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=8923;search_string=spellcheck;#8923

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

(This post was edited by Luis on May 8, 2003, 11:33 PM)

ADSaunders
Novice

May 9, 2003, 3:41 AM

Post #5 of 5 (6881 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
Like ellison, I am having difficulty finding which add-ons I need, let alone which ones are available. I notice that there is no HTMLArea download section for add-ons, so might I make a suggestion?

Create a new forum (topic, section - I don't know how your forums are organised!) that is fully moderated, no replies permitted etc. In this forum, each topic will contain a message that describes the add-on simply and clearly (no hype please), what it does, pre-requirements etc (including minimum HTMLArea version). The topic title will be simply a descriptive name for the mod. The code for the mod itself will form an attachment to the topic.
The only 'replies' permitted would be for the original mod author to attach updates to the mod.

It may be that the above would need to be replicated for each version of HTMLArea.

This would give the likes of ellison and myself (and anyone else new to HTMLArea) a single place to look to see what it is possible to do with HTMLArea, and if it looks useful, to download and try it out.

This post is prompted after two days of trawling these forums. I've discovered that HTMLArea is a truly great piece of work, and I am sure I need some mods, but not sure which ones. Some of those I've downloaded were PHP based (don't use it), some look good, but I can't find the source etc. etc.

Regards .. Alan

Search for (options)