A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

schjetne
Novice

Sep 10, 2003, 4:08 AM

Post #1 of 38 (10940 views)
Shortcut
Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03 Can't Post

Hi! Sorry if I add yet another post on this subject. I just get a little confused by all this. I use htmlArea v2.03 and I love it. I am not entirely ready to switch to a beta release just yet, but I would very much like to add a picture upload functionality. Problem is, I have read through about every single post on this forum, but I just can't seem to find one that works like it should for htmlArea v2.03. So please point me in the right direction. I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to code and all, so I could appreciate a bit of straight forward help here.

Thanks!

Best Regards
Jan Schjetne

schjetne
Novice

Sep 10, 2003, 4:09 AM

Post #2 of 38 (10923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [schjetne] Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I forgot to mention: I use PHP4.

mixmuis
User

Sep 10, 2003, 5:17 AM

Post #3 of 38 (10918 views)
Shortcut

http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Open_Source_C3/htmlArea_Add-Ons_F19/PHP%3A_ImageManger_%2B_ImageEditor_P16907/

schjetne
Novice

Sep 10, 2003, 5:28 AM

Post #4 of 38 (10914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mixmuis] Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry mixmuis, that one is

based on version 3.0 beta,

... I'm using v2.03.

mixmuis
User

Sep 10, 2003, 5:30 AM

Post #5 of 38 (10910 views)
Shortcut

i have one working version for you then :)

schjetne
Novice

Sep 10, 2003, 5:52 AM

Post #6 of 38 (10908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mixmuis] Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

You do? Cool! Can you zip it and upload it here? Or let me know if you would rather email it, and I can give you my email address.

wei
User

Sep 10, 2003, 7:10 PM

Post #7 of 38 (10867 views)
Shortcut

based on version 3.0 beta,

... I'm using v2.03.

No, problem here is a version for htmlare 2.03, see attachment.

Cheers Wei.
Attachments: htmlarea203_wei_11_09_2003.zip (130 KB)

mossimo
User

Sep 11, 2003, 9:41 AM

Post #8 of 38 (10836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wei] Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Very nice WEi

I had been struggling to get other versions to work until I downloaded this one and it works! Thanks

If I understand correctly there is no support for creating thumbs for .GIF files, is this true?
or is it possible with NetPBM or IM
Also if you have time can you give a brief explanation of what’s needed to get the image editor configured and working?

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."

(This post was edited by mossimo on Sep 11, 2003, 10:25 AM)

wei
User

Sep 11, 2003, 7:02 PM

Post #9 of 38 (10809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mossimo] Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
If I understand correctly there is no support for creating thumbs for .GIF files, is this true?
or is it possible with NetPBM or IM
Also if you have time can you give a brief explanation of what’s needed to get the image editor configured and working?

Well, I guess from what you said the editor is not working? More information will allow me to answer that easier. I must admit, there is very little documentation, and time is not on my side to do docs. Please do provide more specific errors so I can try to figure it out.

First, may be you should try to see if the image manipulation packages/libraries does work correctly. This requires a bit of PHP, you can take a look at the function manipulate($img_file, $action, $values) in load_image.php, may be write a test script to see that it actually works.

Hope that helps a bit :)

cheers
Wei

mossimo
User

Sep 11, 2003, 8:40 PM

Post #10 of 38 (10804 views)
Shortcut

Here are the details of my problim

Cannot fetch image or image details.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreateform() in
GD.php on line 85

Line 85 reeds: $this->imageHandle = $functionName($this->image);

I should mention that when I click on edit the image loads into the editor and i am able to use all the functions, it's when i click on apply or save that I get that error.

As far as writing a test script I no zero php witch may be the problim in the first place.

wei
User

Sep 11, 2003, 8:54 PM

Post #11 of 38 (10801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mossimo] Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

aah, ok, it is to do with the paths

The path to the image is probably not correct, you can check what the path is by

going to the load_image.php file, about line 83, echo the image path, i.e.

echo $BASE_DIR.$path.$img_file;

see what it is, if it does not correspond to the actual path where the image is, then we need to check with it has gone wrong. most likely the $BASE_DIR in the config file is not correct, in most cases it should be like this,

$BASE_DIR = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']; //or try $DOCUMENT_ROOT for PHP version 4.2 or below
$BASE_URL = '/';
$BASE_ROOT = 'assets/images'; // <=== this should be the one the changes for most people.

Hope that will help.

Wei

mossimo
User

Sep 12, 2003, 2:10 AM

Post #12 of 38 (10796 views)
Shortcut

My server is running PHP version 4.3.1

$BASE_DIR = $_SERVER['D:/Websites/www.mysite.com']; returns errors so I changed it to
'D:/Websites/www.mysite.com' It was the only way I could get it to work and I would guess it's most likely the problem.

Also if I want to use ImageMagick is the LIB_PATH something my host needs to tell me?

I really appreciate your help but frankly it's not looking to good here. Pirate

dingo
New User

Sep 16, 2003, 6:08 AM

Post #13 of 38 (10663 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I'll try to help you if I can. I'm a hobbyist coder in Australia using ASP to run several websites for myself and friends. I've found htmlArea v2.03 a valuable free resource. I'm still working on an image manager for it, but I have succeeded in making an upload system work on the admin section of one site. It's just a question of knowing what file uploading component your web host uses - I've come across two...

Software Artisans File Up - it "painlessly transmits files from a local hard disk to a server running Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)." Check them out at: http://fileup.softartisans.com/default.aspx?PageID=131

Also there's AspUpload - at AspUpload.com.

Both have good documentation with sample scripts. You use one page with a form to collect the file or files from your computer via a browse button. That page posts to a processing page on the server that uses the component (that has to be installed on the host's server) to insert your file or files into the appropriate directory.

[Check with your web host on what facilities they offer for coding file uploads into your pages. Most hosting services provide something for this job.]

I've almost succeeded in making a file manager for choosing from the uploaded files in the directory, but so far I've only managed to add a file viewing facility to the pop-up insert_image.html file that comes with htmlArea.
At least it gives someone a display of thumbnails of the files and their filenames which they can type into the Image URL box.

I'm not sure how far you've gone with ASP (or even if you're using it - I've only just joined the forum and have yet to read your earlier messages.) I used the FileSystemObject and its other objects to access the image files in the chosen directory. Then I put an Iframe with a scroll bar into insert_image.html so the file image_list.asp could be presented in the Iframe and thus at least give someone the chance to see the filenames and thumbnails so they could type the proper name into the Image URL box.

Sorry if all this sounds too complicated. It took me a while to figure it out.

The only serious problem I've come across is that I don't have a way to make the insert_image.html pop up to the size I want so everything can be seen. I've managed to put scroll bars into it and make it resizable, so that helps.

Let me know whether all this is of any use to you.

Rest assured what you want to do can be done fairly easily.

Good luck with your programming.

Best Regards
John Penlington
Australia

eisa
User

Sep 16, 2003, 8:20 AM

Post #14 of 38 (10648 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dingo] Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a working version in ASP which you can download from my site. Also demo there.

Features:
  • Inserting of images either from a database or browse for images (but Randy_23 have a better browse for files solution).
  • Pure ASP upload (no components needed)
  • Working Filemanager (replaces the Insert Link function)

This is for version 2.03.

http://www.savio.no/htmlarea/example.asp | Webdesign

dingo
New User

Sep 16, 2003, 8:15 PM

Post #15 of 38 (10610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eisa] Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your super-fast response. This is the first time I've ventured into a forum like this - and I'm very impressed. You've saved me so many hours of work.
htmlArea is a great project.
Thanks again.

geroreilly
Novice

Sep 30, 2003, 4:57 AM

Post #16 of 38 (10171 views)
Shortcut

Hi Wei,

I am hoping you can help me. I downloaded your htmlarea from the link on this post (....11_09_2003.zip) and am having a few problems with the new image manager.

I had your old version working perfectly using NetPBM and now want to get this version working.

I have set the config.inc.php as:
$BASE_DIR =$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'};
$BASE_URL ='/';
$BASE_ROOT ='images/uploads'; //which is the directory on apache that i have the images.

define('IMAGE_CLASS', 'NetPBM');

define('IMAGE_TRANSFORM_LIB_PATH', 'u/home/httpd/html/test/pnm/'); //which is where I have netpbm.dll etc

I can open the browse window OK but I do not see the thumbnail images. If I click on the image and insert onto my page it works OK but for some reason the thumbnail preview is not working. I checked to ensure thumbs.php is there and all seems OK with that....

Have you any idea what it may be? Do I need to change some other file besides the config.inc.php file?

If you could give me any help on this I would realy appreciate it.

Thanks

wei
User

Sep 30, 2003, 7:06 PM

Post #17 of 38 (10132 views)
Shortcut
Re: [geroreilly] Image Upload for htmlArea v2.03 [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess you are on a windows system, you do need to uncomment a line in the NetPBM.php class, on line about 217-218, find

//If you are using windows, you need the following line.
//$cmd = ereg_replace('/','\\',$cmd);

Change to

//If you are using windows, you need the following line.
$cmd = ereg_replace('/','\\',$cmd);

If that doesn't help, uncomment the echo $cmd, and test the output on the console/command line.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Wei

geroreilly
Novice

Sep 30, 2003, 7:38 PM

Post #18 of 38 (10130 views)
Shortcut

Wei,

THanks for replying. NO, in fact I am using RH Linux 6.2 and Apache as my Web Server.

Is there some other configuration that I need to give for Linux? Basically, now I can use the image manager but I cannot see any thumbnails. The Image Editor doesnt work either.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

wei
User

Sep 30, 2003, 7:45 PM

Post #19 of 38 (10128 views)
Shortcut

When you said, dll file, i thought you were on a window machine.

ok, try to echo the command out, and run it on the console, if there is an error, try to make it work on the console, and note what was changed. Most likely to be path problem, or missing files or something like that. Check that NetPbm does work on the console. And finally, check that PHP is allowed to run the commands, if not, only choice at the moment is the bulit in GD.

Hope that helps.
Wei

geroreilly
Novice

Sep 30, 2003, 9:16 PM

Post #20 of 38 (10125 views)
Shortcut

Wei,

NetPBM must be working OK cause I could use the previous version of your image manager without any problems. I am not sure how I can check the "command out" as you mention and how I can check that PHP can run the commands? I reckon all that should be OK cause I can use the previous image manager.

I attach my config.inc.php for the Image Manager and the old config.inc.php that I use for the preivious image manager. I also attach some other files - thumbs and transform that I havent changed but should I?

I hope you can help. My php skills are not existent and my Linux skills equally poor but I am a grafter and hopefully with some guidance I can get this working..... it looks like a great improvement and jsut what my users have been asking for........ can you shed some light? Please and thanks in advance.
Attachments: config.inc.php (11.4 KB)
  ImageManager_config.inc.php (1.82 KB)
  thumbs.php (2.02 KB)
  Transform.php (15.9 KB)

geroreilly
Novice

Oct 1, 2003, 3:48 AM

Post #21 of 38 (10096 views)
Shortcut

Wei,

I am still trying to get the thumbnails working and what little bit of hair I have left is all gone now!

ANyway, some more information that may help you to help me:

I am using HTML Area 2.03 on RH Linux with Apache and PHP 4.3.2 and NetPBM.

If the original images are small enough they appear in the filmstrip, if they are over a certain size it does NOT make the thumbnail..... instead just a red X!.

When I use the Image Editor and save an image i get a red X also.....

If I change to use GD in config.inc.php I still have the same problem.

I checked out the messages on http://www.zhuo.org/htmlarea/ and Annie on post 21 seems to have the same problem....

I hope you can help. THanks

wei
User

Oct 1, 2003, 7:12 PM

Post #22 of 38 (10058 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Ok, lets check what sort of error occurs when creating thumbnails.

Easiest way to check it to goto the following url (relative to where the main htmlArea script is) on your webserver,

popups/ImageManager/thumbs.php?img=assets/images/vm.jpg

where "assets/images/vm.jpg" is an existing image.

Most likely you find an error, since you can not see the thumbnails. The reason you can see the smaller images is that, they are not resized, thus you can see them.

Hope this helps, if you have more problems, just email me.

Cheers Wei

(This post was edited by wei on Oct 1, 2003, 7:13 PM)

geroreilly
Novice

Oct 1, 2003, 8:00 PM

Post #23 of 38 (10052 views)
Shortcut

Wei,

Thanks for replying. OK I tried the URL as you recommended but didnt get any error. Instead I just see the red X instead of the image.

This is what I did and what happened.

URL = http://katie/Templates/editor/popups/ImageManager/thumbs.php?img=images/uploads/general/test1.jpg

I press on GO and get the following URL:

http://katie/images/uploads/general/.test1.jpg

In the browser window I see the red x and if I click on the properties of that image I see the URL of http://katie/Templates/editor/popups/ImageManager/thumbs.php?img=images/uploads/general/test1.jpg

I dont get any other errors..... is it something to do with the full stop before the image name for thumbnails? Any ideas? Thanks

geroreilly
Novice

Oct 1, 2003, 8:19 PM

Post #24 of 38 (10051 views)
Shortcut

Wei,

Getting closer. I noticed in thumbs.php that it checks first if there is a thumb made already. I then checked on my server and noticed thumbs for the images (starting with a fullstop) but with 0 bytes. So I deleted all of these and ran the URL again. NOw I Do get an error as follows:

fatal error: Cannot redeclare dir_name() (previously declared in /u/home/httpd/html/Templates/editor/popups/ImageManager/config.inc.php:45)

in /u/home/httpd/html/Templates/editor/popups/ImageManager/config.inc.php on line 45.

Any ideas whats wrong with my config?

geroreilly
Novice

Oct 1, 2003, 8:31 PM

Post #25 of 38 (10049 views)
Shortcut

Wei,

Fatal error fixed. As part of my debugging I included the config file in the thumbs.php which gave teh fatal error. I have removed it and now i dont get any error.

When I run the URL for thumbs.php with a valid img I get a blank URL. No error messages aor anything. No thumbnail is created on the Server either.

Im still trying!........ any further ideas?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options)