A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Newbie:2.03 and anchors

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

artikid
New User

May 3, 2004, 5:43 AM

Post #1 of 1 (3934 views)
Shortcut
Newbie:2.03 and anchors Can't Post

Hullo everybody!

I'm working on version 2.03 of htmlarea and trying to make it insert links to anchors.

I'm working with a database and use htmlarea to modify articles before inserting them in the db.

I've modified the insert_file.html document with no sweat... but all anchors come out with the absolute path to the editor page!

What I need is simply an

"href:#anchorname"

and not an

"href:http://www.sitename.com/editor.asp?where=articles#anchorname"

I have seen that the editor.js has a function to remove absolute paths

// fix placeholder URLS - remove absolute paths that IE adds
if (tagName == 'img') { tagBody = tagBody.replace(/(src\s*=\s*.)[^*]*(\*\*\*)/, "$1$2"); }
if (tagName == 'a') { tagBody = tagBody.replace(/(href\s*=\s*.)[^*]*(\*\*\*)/, "$1$2"); }

But, is it working?

Any help is apreciated

Regards

Artikid

Search for (options)