htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
htmlArea3.0 spellcheck mod for ColdFusion Available.

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

FinalCut
New User

Oct 13, 2003, 9:39 AM

Post #1 of 8 (43208 views)
Shortcut
htmlArea3.0 spellcheck mod for ColdFusion Available. Can't Post

I just finished putting together a variant of the spellchecker plugin for 3.0 that uses coldfusion and a java based libary of ASPELL called Jazzy.

I don't know if there is a way for me to submit this to anyone so if you want it just let me know what to do with it.

I include all of the java libraries you need as well as the coldfusion script file spell-check-logic.cfm

(This post was edited by FinalCut on Oct 13, 2003, 12:17 PM)

ralof
Novice

Oct 21, 2003, 9:55 AM

Post #2 of 8 (43161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FinalCut] htmlArea3.0 spellcheck mod for ColdFusion Available. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I am interested in the CF Spellchecker... How?

FinalCut
New User

Oct 21, 2003, 10:14 AM

Post #3 of 8 (43160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ralof] htmlArea3.0 spellcheck mod for ColdFusion Available. [In reply to] Can't Post

im not entirely sure how to distribute it. I am pretty new to htmlArea so I don't know what the rules are that govern it.. I have zipped it up and attached it to this post.

The only thing you need to do is extract the zip into your plugins directory and then put the .class and .jar files wherever you want them. next you will need to update your coldfusion server java class path to point to the directory that contains the .class and .jar files

Finally you will need to look at the spellcheck example that comes with htmlarea and just change the references to the spellchecker plugin to point to the cfspellchecker plugin

hopefully that makes sense.
Attachments: CFSpellChecker.zip (55.1 KB)

weeezl
Novice

Oct 25, 2003, 9:48 PM

Post #4 of 8 (43129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FinalCut] htmlArea3.0 spellcheck mod for ColdFusion Available. [In reply to] Can't Post

You can actually use aspell with ColdFusion using cfexecute.

I wrote a module for it a while back. It's in the HTML 3.0 Beta forum. The main benefit is that with aspell, you have more language dictionaries.

-weez

FinalCut
New User

Oct 25, 2003, 10:26 PM

Post #5 of 8 (43127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weeezl] htmlArea3.0 spellcheck mod for ColdFusion Available. [In reply to] Can't Post

I would rather not use cfexecute if at all possible - any time you shell out you suffer a significant performance hit. Since CF MX is written in java, and I can natively instantiate java classes in CF MX it is more efficient to use the java library.

plus, the java version is platform independant and I need the work I do to work on both windows and *nix flavors.

thanks for the tip though.

jmarlin
New User

Nov 6, 2003, 6:58 PM

Post #6 of 8 (43064 views)
Shortcut

Many thanks for the CF version FinalCut. I made some changes to the main cfm file that strip characters other than letters from the left and right of a word before checking the spelling. I think I may have added some unnecessary bulk to the code, but I wanted the checker to recognize "thisz" and "thisz:" as the same word. I've attached this modified file in case anyone wants it. Thanks again FinalCut -- nice work!

jmarlin
New User

Nov 6, 2003, 7:00 PM

Post #7 of 8 (43062 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jmarlin] htmlArea3.0 spellcheck mod for ColdFusion Available. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Many thanks for the CF version FinalCut. I made some changes to the main cfm file that strip characters other than letters from the left and right of a word before checking the spelling. I think I may have added some unnecessary bulk to the code, but I wanted the checker to recognize "thisz" and "thisz:" as the same word. I've attached this modified file in case anyone wants it. Thanks again FinalCut -- nice work!

Attachments: spell-check-logic.cfm (4.52 KB)

fortress4
New User

Feb 18, 2005, 7:02 PM

Post #8 of 8 (41941 views)
Shortcut

FinalCut... I know this thread is over a year old but I was wondering if you were available to help me get your java based CF spellcheck mod working on my CF MX server.

When I try to use your files as a CFSpellChecker plugin it kills htmlArera and all I get is a textarea box...

Fortress4

Search for (options)