A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
Spell Check crash

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

cmarando
New User

Mar 3, 2004, 10:22 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2924 views)
Shortcut
Spell Check crash Can't Post

I have downloaded the most recent htmlArea from http://www.webstationone.com/test/htmlarea/index2.html and am having trouble with the Word spell checker. It seems as if I have bullets and numbers in the HTMLArea and do a spell check, I get a fatal error and IE shutsdown. My steps were:
  1. Download zip file from site above
  2. Extract on server
  3. Create a virtual directory
  4. Make site a "trusted site"
  5. Run example.html
  6. Add numbered items, bulleted items, and text with spelling errors (i.e. Misspeled word)
  7. I highlight the misspelled word ("Misspeled")
  8. Clicked spell check tool
  9. Word dialog opens with correction
  10. I click Cancel
  11. Then I click OK
  12. IE shuts down 85% of the time with a fatal error.

Help!!! The users love the tool but they really need a stable spell checker.

FYI, I do have a custom site where this happens as well but I wanted to eliminate all possible customizations so I downloaded a "fresh" htmlarea and followed the steps and was able to recreate.

Thanks in advance.

Search for (options)