A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
form manager

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

kwillems
User

Apr 9, 2004, 4:54 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4134 views)
Shortcut
form manager Can't Post

I'm searching for a kind of 'form manager' to include in HTMLArea. I'm using version 2.03.

Does anyone have one?

Regards,

Koen

kwillems
User

Apr 26, 2004, 2:38 PM

Post #2 of 4 (4071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kwillems] form manager [In reply to] Can't Post

I hoped someone could help me.

I already studied the formhandling capabilities of Luis' version, and although i'm sure his version is the best around, his form manager had no validation build in (and the selectbox isn't finished i guess)

The version Luis has put online works smooth, but i remember reading somewhere in this forum that that version can not be used due to copyrights.

So i've found this class: http://pof.sourceforge.net/ which looks adequate to me, but for me (i'm not a javascript expert, only know something about PHP) i guess it's a long way to make this work with HTMLArea.

So i once again ask the forum-members: does someone has experience with building a 'form generator' into HTMLArea?

I apologize for my poor English, it's not my native language.

(This post was edited by kwillems on Apr 26, 2004, 2:39 PM)

waving
New User

Apr 27, 2004, 12:32 AM

Post #3 of 4 (4065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kwillems] form manager [In reply to] Can't Post

Savio's editor has one: http://www.savio.no/htmlarea/example.asp It doesn't work perfectly but I think you can build from there. Adding the <form ...> tag doesn't seem to work however. And no required fields feature.

(This post was edited by waving on Apr 27, 2004, 12:34 AM)

kwillems
User

Apr 27, 2004, 3:38 AM

Post #4 of 4 (4060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [waving] form manager [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you. I didn't know Savio's version had form-support.

As far as i can see know the form-support in Savio's version looks quite the same as the one in an early version Luis posted uphere.

In fact, right know i'm looking at a few form-classes (all written in PHP). Building some kind of interface around them shouldn't be such a problem. My main concern is how to let them 'communicate' whith HTMLArea.
I'm making a study of 'editor.js' right know, which will time lots of time i guess, as i know little about javascripting.

Search for (options)