htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0 - Add-Ons:
use insertHTML from js in another iframe??

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

AdamH
Novice

Feb 8, 2004, 2:38 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2964 views)
Shortcut
use insertHTML from js in another iframe?? Can't Post

I'm working on an add on for HTMLArea as part of a project, unfortunately I'm having a few problems.

I have no problems making new buttons but what I need to do is use functions like insertHTML from another js file in a seperate iframe. I have HTMLArea on the left hand side of the page and an iframe on the right with an image library inside it. I have written some simple scripts to insert image in to HTMLArea when you click on them, however they always go to the end because I am appending them to the body of the document in the HTMLArea iframe rather than using HTMLArea functions like insertHTML from this iframe??

I came very close by getting execCommand to work from the second iframe and trigger some functions like insertimage (?) that are attached to buttons but they keep complaining about missing parameters. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I do not know how to access the editor object from these external scripts.

Any help would be really appreciated, I'm sure someone else must have figured out how to do this, also I am using HTMLArea 3.0

Search for (options)