A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
<p style="margin:0px">

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

remac
New User

Jan 27, 2005, 12:35 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2494 views)
Shortcut
<p style="margin:0px"> Can't Post

I don't like the top and bottom margins created when I use <P>, <UL>, <OL>, etc. tags and I would like to eliminate them. When users hit the ENTER button they expect to go to the next line, not two lines down.

Others have recommended using SHIFT+ENTER to use <BR> tags instead of <P>, but it's unrealistic to expect users to do this. Enabling the code in editor.js that replaces <P> with <BR> tags screws up other things. What I really need to do is include 'style="margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px"' in each tag, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I can make the text in the htmlarea appear as I would like, but the output still retains these troublesome margins.

Joshua
Novice

Jan 28, 2005, 2:12 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [remac] <p style="margin:0px"> [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the easiest thing to do is to use a specific style sheet in your htmlarea. There you can set style:margin: 0 for all tags you want and if you want the text to be the same on your site you can use the same style sheet there. This wil make the html-code more clean.

this.stylesheet = "css/mycss.css";

You find the row in the begining of the editor.js file.

Search for (options)