A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
How to get HTMLArea working!!

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

robertybob
New User

Jan 5, 2005, 1:37 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1965 views)
Shortcut
How to get HTMLArea working!! Can't Post

Hi all.

This is bugging me now so hope someone can help out :)

I'm assuming that htmlaea can edit a normal html page so that it can be viewed in a browser. I cannot however get any of it to work! I have the following questions.

1. What URL do I use to call up the editing suite to edit the content as opposed to the actual file to be viewed by a site visitor?

2. What do I add to the editable page so it can be edited - nothing I have used seems to work (ie - the code provided in the instructions). I'm using an exact http://www etc etc editor url path but all else seems to be the same as everyone else's code.

3. How do I save the changes made so the new page is viewed by the next visitor?

Many thanks!!

RB

nikki
New User

Jan 7, 2005, 7:16 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robertybob] How to get HTMLArea working!! [In reply to] Can't Post

where the hell are the replies to this post ??????

robertybob
New User

Jan 7, 2005, 10:57 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robertybob] How to get HTMLArea working!! [In reply to] Can't Post

ok - i had to take another look and read thru some other forums....

seems that whilst htmlarea allows you to edit a page, it is not designed to save the changes or the file - you have to work out a way to do that yourself! i've set it up to write to a database which seems to like the html view but not the wysiwyg view.

so basically, you can use htmlarea to make your changes then either save the resulting code to a file or db.........

i was way down the wrong path for a while there..........oh well

Search for (options)