A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
Is the "undo" feature working?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

tnabil
New User

Dec 16, 2004, 3:28 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1861 views)
Shortcut
Is the "undo" feature working? Can't Post

Hi everyone,

I tried the demos, but it seems that the undo buttons are not working. Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Every help is appreciated.

Thanks

bootlicker
Novice

Dec 29, 2004, 8:32 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1770 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tnabil] Is the "undo" feature working? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I'm new to using HTMLArea, but in the "Known Issues" section of the documentation it says: Undo/Redo doesn't work We update a hidden field every time you make a change in the editor so the hidden field will be submitted when you submit the form. The way undo/redo works in Internet Explorer it seems to reset the undo buffer every time you use JavaScript to set the value of a form element or otherwise make changes to the page. Because of this the built in undo/redo functionality of the browser doesn't work. We hope to implement our own undo/redo functionality at a future point.

Luis
Veteran

Dec 29, 2004, 12:27 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tnabil] Is the "undo" feature working? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi tnabil:

At the end of function editor_event(objname,runDelay) in editor.js, comment out the line in green:

//editor_updateOutput(objname);
editor_updateToolbar(objname);

If you happen to implement another functions like save to local disk or preview, you will need to add some code to force the editor to update the contents before executing the function. If you do so, ask me how or download my editor at the address below.

Greetings.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

Search for (options)