A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
Property palettes for tables rows and cells

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

lvni900
User

Feb 15, 2003, 10:49 AM

Post #1 of 26 (4809 views)
Shortcut
Property palettes for tables rows and cells Can't Post

In attachment htmlarea.zip containing table properties, row properties, cell properties.

note: all my other mods are also included.

Have fun with it.
Attachments: htmlarea.zip (82.1 KB)

redspider
User

Feb 15, 2003, 1:27 PM

Post #2 of 26 (4797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lvni900] Property palettes for tables rows and cells [In reply to] Can't Post

Leo,

I think we now have a great set table functions.

Thanks for it
greetz

Redspider
Belgium
http://www.tielt.be

Luis
Veteran

Feb 16, 2003, 1:00 AM

Post #3 of 26 (4782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lvni900] Property palettes for tables rows and cells [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ivni 900

Thanks for that great upgrade!

I just installed your additions and everything works great but I'm having problems with the context menus.

They work well when there is nothing else in the page, but as I start adding code to the page (Headers, footers, another form fields, etc) the context menus begin to stop working, item by item. The most code I add, the most buttons (in the context menus) that don't work, while the actions in the menu buttons behave normally.

I tried adding line by line, thinking of an open or a missing tag, but it is not the case. There is point that a simple comma or any letter makes the difference. This is very weird and I have not a clue. Some idea?

In the other hand, some other features in the table, cell and row properties palletes, give me an error (204 or 240: object expected).

Are not those features finished? Can it be something wrong in my computer or in my files?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

lvni900
User

Feb 16, 2003, 5:40 AM

Post #4 of 26 (4767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] Property palettes for tables rows and cells [In reply to] Can't Post

Only thing that does not work is merge rows, I'am still working on it.

All the rest is tested, just unzip the whole thing in a separate directory, try example.html.

If that doesn't work, there can be a problem with your machine.

Other way to test it out is my testsite: http://zemstlaar.port5.com/ww/editor.php (please do not upload big files: space on my 'free' server is limited.

stervina
User

Feb 16, 2003, 8:49 AM

Post #5 of 26 (4755 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the great job you've made.

I have implemented your add-ons but I get an error-message whenever I want to switch from "percentage" to "pixels" (object expected) error 208 in row perperties, and error 187 in cell properties

Is there a bug ?

Or have I forgotten anything ?

Thanks for reply

STERVINA

lvni900
User

Feb 16, 2003, 11:55 AM

Post #6 of 26 (4744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stervina] Property palettes for tables rows and cells [In reply to] Can't Post

Stervina, I tested it again switching from pixels to percentage and revers, it works on my pc. So, test it out first unzipping the whole thing in a separate directory, then try example.html.

If that doesn't work, there can be a problem with your machine.

Other way to test it out is my testsite: http://zemstlaar.port5.com/ww/editor.php (please do not upload big files: space on my 'free' server is limited.

stervina
User

Feb 16, 2003, 11:59 AM

Post #7 of 26 (4742 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your reply

I did try it on your site as well, and I also got the same errors

I have a network of 4 computers at home, and get the same errors locally, on my site, and on your site.

Due to the French version of IE6 ????

Your opinion ?

Stervina

stervina
User

Feb 16, 2003, 1:12 PM

Post #8 of 26 (4728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stervina] Property palettes for tables rows and cells [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi again

I did follow all your recommendations, but didn't get more successful. So I decided to browse though the code, and noticed that 2 "select " portion of code were different. So decided to removed the -onfocus="select()- bit and test. All went fine then. Don't ask me why. Maybe you have the explanation

All is well that ends well
thanks

STERVINASly

luisfer
Novice

Feb 18, 2003, 10:53 AM

Post #9 of 26 (4664 views)
Shortcut

Dear Ivni

Tried ur modifications. All works fine...............even fixed my <p> problem.

Now only a little problem remains when I insert tables. I get <br> after all the <td></td>. This makes it impossible to publish Crazy Have u got a solution to remove the <br> in the tables. example of my nightmareBlush:

<P><BR>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=1><BR>
<TBODY><BR>
<TR><BR>
<TD></TD><BR>
<TD></TD><BR>
<TD></TD></TR><BR>
<TR><BR>
<TD></TD><BR>
<TD></TD><BR>
<TD></TD></TR><BR>
<TR><BR>
<TD></TD><BR>
<TD></TD><BR>
<TD></TD></TR><BR>
<TR><BR>
<TD></TD><BR>
<TD></TD><BR>
<TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

Regards

Luis

lvni900
User

Feb 18, 2003, 3:11 PM

Post #10 of 26 (4641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luisfer] Property palettes for tables rows and cells [In reply to] Can't Post

When is it that you get those breaks? After inserting the table or after modifying properties?

I don't have the problem on my site, must be something you changed?

luisfer
Novice

Feb 19, 2003, 9:59 AM

Post #11 of 26 (4623 views)
Shortcut

Dear Ivni

Thanks for the prompt response.

I get the <br> after I publish the form. I am using the htmlarea script for my cms pages. When they get published I get all these spaces due to the breaks. Messes with the look of my table structure. Any Ideas??

Regards

Luis Smile

luisfer
Novice

Feb 19, 2003, 10:02 AM

Post #12 of 26 (4621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luisfer] Property palettes for tables rows and cells [In reply to] Can't Post

Me Again

The only thing I changed was uncommentig the enter function to work as a <br> instead of <p>. I have returned it to original state but no good.

RegardsSmile

lvni900
User

Feb 19, 2003, 4:45 PM

Post #13 of 26 (4604 views)
Shortcut

Can you zip your version and send it to me in a private message, so I can have a look at it.

luisfer
Novice

Feb 19, 2003, 7:00 PM

Post #14 of 26 (4594 views)
Shortcut

Dear Ivni

here goes

Regards

Luis

(This post was edited by luisfer on Feb 19, 2003, 7:09 PM)
Attachments: editor.js (82.2 KB)

lvni900
User

Feb 20, 2003, 4:57 PM

Post #15 of 26 (4559 views)
Shortcut

No good, I need the whole directory. Can you zip it?

luisfer
Novice

Feb 20, 2003, 6:18 PM

Post #16 of 26 (4549 views)
Shortcut

Dear Invi

Here goes...thanks for ur help in advance.

Regards

LuisSmile

(This post was edited by luisfer on Feb 20, 2003, 6:23 PM)
Attachments: htmlareaivni900.zip (119 KB)

lvni900
User

Feb 21, 2003, 2:17 PM

Post #17 of 26 (4526 views)
Shortcut

This is what I can see:

<TABLE>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So everything looks fine to me, it must be either at saving time eiter on your server that the code is "breakenised".

If you have an url where the case can be reproduced, send it (evt. via private message).

seb
New User

Nov 25, 2003, 12:22 PM

Post #18 of 26 (3611 views)
Shortcut

Hello ! Cool

I'm French, so excuse my English ...

In this contribution,I'm just interested by the 0 borders issue workaround for tables.
Someone can help me to extract concerned lines from editor.js please ?

Thanks
Seb Tongue

basmul
Novice

Nov 25, 2003, 3:06 PM

Post #19 of 26 (3603 views)
Shortcut

Looks very good!
Still some minor problems with split and merge of cells but that was to be expected (difficult stuff the merge an split without selection)

Thanx for the post

seb
New User

Nov 26, 2003, 12:40 PM

Post #20 of 26 (3585 views)
Shortcut
Re: [seb] Property palettes for tables rows and cells [In reply to] Can't Post

Hye,

I've found my solution, only to see the border when value = 0

Copy the function nullBorders(doc,status) around line 730
Copy this.showborders = false around line 140
In function editor_action(button_id), add :

Code
// inserted by lvn : showborders 

if (cmdID == 'ShowBorder'){
var btnObj = document.all["_" +objname+ "_ShowBorder"];
if (config.showborders){ // toggle is on : put borders off
nullBorders(editor_obj.contentWindow.document,'hide');
btnObj.className = 'btn';
config.showborders = false;
} else {
nullBorders(editor_obj.contentWindow.document,'show');
btnObj.className = 'btnDown';
config.showborders = true;
}
return;
}

and of course add image and button in the toolbar !
All of this, must be do on a backup of your editor.js !!!!
and must be see by Ivni900 to be sure ...Wink

Good continuation
Seb

basmul
Novice

Nov 26, 2003, 2:54 PM

Post #21 of 26 (3576 views)
Shortcut

I have the same problem with the dropdownboxes in the popup dialogs.
Don't think it's a pc related problem.

I'll try stervina's fix and let you know if that works for me also.

P.S.

Couldn't test your editor on your site via the php file (gives a blank page in IE 6)

Greets,

Bas

Just tried stervina's fix and that works. The fix also makes sense to me if a dropdown receives focus by clicking on the arow button and you do a select() what is supposed to happen then? Can it be that your routine is tabbing through the fields?
All things of beauty are defenseless.

(This post was edited by basmul on Nov 26, 2003, 3:05 PM)

lvni900
User

Nov 26, 2003, 4:18 PM

Post #22 of 26 (3572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [basmul] Property palettes for tables rows and cells [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry guys, the provider portland stopped his free services due to abuse.

If anyone can give me a good free php server, let me know.

Maybe have a look at the postings of redspider, he had something active on msiis.

basmul
Novice

Nov 26, 2003, 6:22 PM

Post #23 of 26 (3567 views)
Shortcut

Just looked at redspiders site... Same problem there.

If you both don't experience this than it must be a browser thing.

I'm using windowsxp pro sp1 with IE 6.0.2800.xpsp2.030422-1633 English Crazy witch is the most up to date always patched version.

It realy is the onfocus=select() in the dropdownboxes declaration of the popups, not only the percentage/pixel selection ones but all of them that have this function declared. A drodownbox always does a select on focus anyways so the statement is not only causing the trouwble but is also not neccesary. No big deal I just removed the statements. But I thougt you should know not only starvina had the problem I suspect more people shall experience the same.

Damn those browser differences. Mad The same sort of trouble I had with stylesheets with IE5.0 where if you started a stylename with a number you had a 50-50 change it would mess up things (like the style .12_points_bold)

Greets,

Bas
All things of beauty are defenseless.

lvni900
User

Nov 27, 2003, 3:00 PM

Post #24 of 26 (3544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [basmul] Property palettes for tables rows and cells [In reply to] Can't Post

Inderdeed bas ;=)

I'm using 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-166 nederlands, and the same problem occurs.

When I tested this months ago everything seemed to work, I 'll have a look.

lvni900
User

Nov 30, 2003, 12:10 PM

Post #25 of 26 (3479 views)
Shortcut

Hi guys, the dropdowns did indeed do a select() to much.

Hereby the corrected versions of tableprop, rowprop and cellprop.
Attachments: tableprop.html (13.0 KB)
  rowprop.html (8.77 KB)
  cellprop.html (10.7 KB)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options)