A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
Runtime Errors with insert_table.html

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

cmsproject
New User

Dec 22, 2004, 3:32 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1215 views)
Shortcut
Runtime Errors with insert_table.html Can't Post

Hi all,

I just started using HTML area and especially like it because it has an Insert Table feature. However, when I click this locally (with the HTML area files on my c: drive), I get a runtime error immediately, and more runtime errors when I hit "OK" to accept the table attributes I've set. I do not get these errors when trying the sample on htmlarea.com, so am very confused. I'd appreciate any input on this! The error I get as soon as I click Insert Table is as follows. Note that this results from opening the example.html file in the html area directory and clicking Insert Table:

Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line:
Char:
Error:
'opener.document.all[..].config' is null or not an object
Code:
URL:
file://C:\dan\htmlarea\popups\insert_table.html

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes
No

Search for (options)