A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
a newbie question here

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

htmlkaren
New User

Jan 2, 2005, 1:57 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1366 views)
Shortcut
a newbie question here Can't Post

Can any website visitor edit the page with this editing device on there?

Also, I hope my nickname(login ID) is alright to use here since it begins with "html" like this place/website/software does, I use mine "htmlkaren" in all the web design forums that I join but it's close to the name here, sorry! I will change it if the people who run this web site request it. :)

thanks,

Karen

htmlkaren
New User

Jan 2, 2005, 2:00 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [htmlkaren] a newbie question here [In reply to] Can't Post

...I meant I will change my ID(htmlkaren) "here" in this forum, if requested, but not in other forums that I've used it for years now. I may change it here anyway regardless.

Thank you Angelic

Karen

webmasterkaren
New User

Jan 2, 2005, 2:07 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [htmlkaren] a newbie question here [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink Okay, nobody asked me to but I changed my ID from htmlkaren to webmasterkaren (like my web site webmasterkaren.com). I just thought it was a good idea, otherwise people may think I work here, but I don't.

I think this editor thing is going to work great, I'm brand new at it, so I have lots to learn!

I'm mainly concerned about whether web site visitors can change the info inside the textara box and how that works, so if someone can post some helpful info about that I'd appreciate greatly.

Thanks! Sly

Karen

Search for (options)