A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
having problems with people copying from microsoft word into html editor

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

rgraham
Novice

Dec 22, 2004, 4:03 PM

Post #1 of 9 (3065 views)
Shortcut
having problems with people copying from microsoft word into html editor Can't Post

I was wondering if there is a way to remove some of microsofts stupid tags that keep getting placed into my code when ever someone paste their content from microsoft word into my html editor. For example this is some of the crap I get placed in my code from microsoft

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: &#39;Franklin Gothic Book&#39;"><o:p> <st1:City w:st="on">Port Coquitlam</st1:City></st1:place>.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I mean seriously microsoft what the hell!!! So I was wondering if there is something I can do to get rid of some of these tags but without losing there formatting! I noticed that my code for some reason does not like microsofts (:) for example margin: 0in 0in 0pt or <o:p>So if there is a way to replace just the tags that have those stupid : I would really like to know!

(This post was edited by rgraham on Jan 21, 2005, 8:51 AM)

rgraham
Novice

Dec 29, 2004, 1:02 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rgraham] having problems with people copying from microsoft word into html editor [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Luis here is my editor.js file, and a picture of the links I was talking about that I wanted if you had time. Thanks again - Rudy
Attachments: htmlArea.jpg (27.7 KB)
  editor.js (49.1 KB)

Luis
Veteran

Dec 29, 2004, 1:09 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rgraham] having problems with people copying from microsoft word into html editor [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi rgraham:

I'll begin this post with a call-attention to everybody in the forum.

I'm a little disapointed with people in this forum. I've integrated this mod in almost 300 different editors and nobody is able to give back what you are getting.

People, this forum is a great resource to get most of HTMLArea capabilities but please, we also need givers not only takers. Even when It's a pleasure for me to share my mods with all of you, sometimes my schedule doesn't allow me to answer all posts. Please don't leave new users alone and give back some of what has been given to you.

For you rgraham, I've answered in a PM.

Don't give up!!
http://webstationone.com/test/htmlarea

Luis
Veteran

Dec 30, 2004, 6:24 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2899 views)
Shortcut

Hi rgraham:

Here you go! If you have any question don't hesitate to contact me.

Greetings

Don't give up!!
Attachments: editor_rgraham.js (59.8 KB)

rgraham
Novice

Jan 4, 2005, 10:04 AM

Post #5 of 9 (2829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] having problems with people copying from microsoft word into html editor [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Luis thanks for everything I really appreciate it.

Luis
Veteran

Jan 7, 2005, 1:11 AM

Post #6 of 9 (2742 views)
Shortcut

Hi rgraham:

here you go! It was en error in the very first line of function cleanHTML.

Don't give up!!
Attachments: editor_rgraham.js (59.9 KB)

rgraham
Novice

Jan 7, 2005, 10:10 AM

Post #7 of 9 (2718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis] having problems with people copying from microsoft word into html editor [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Luis!

camille
New User

Jan 10, 2005, 7:18 AM

Post #8 of 9 (2650 views)
Shortcut

I wander is the available download-file is updaded everytime a bug is fixed. This is really important.
I will not use version 3 of htmlarea because of the major problems like win98 crashes when using tables.
Yes, still many people are using that old version. At this moment me too, even if I have a laptop with XP installed. Only this old thing may have contact with internet, not the laptop !
I know version 2 isn't compatible with other browsers. That's the brain-meldowner.
I've been searching sometimes for a texteditor like this one, or they were really too slow, or something else. It's a big issue.

rgraham
Novice

Jan 10, 2005, 10:12 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [camille] having problems with people copying from microsoft word into html editor [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah i don't know if this editor gets updated everytime some asks for something new added to their editor. I would think that most requests would get added to the new version. I've looked for other editor too but I have found that this one is the best, and I sure have noticed that a lot of people are using this editor. For example typepad.com is using this editor and they are a pretty big blogging company!

Search for (options)