A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 2: htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v2.0:
php + 'Object Expected' js error...

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

bgp1
New User

Jan 4, 2005, 5:49 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1711 views)
Shortcut
php + 'Object Expected' js error... Can't Post

I am having trouble with htmlArea using php. I have checked the forum and have not found this problem anywhere. I thought I was doing something wrong, the example.html works, but when I save that as example.php and try, it also gives this error, so it is not me. How do I get this to work with php?

Error as follows:
Line: 83
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0

Line 83 is not part of this problem, it is in the middle of a select, so its useless to me. The example page gets this same error when I save it as a php file.

sgmartin
New User

Jan 7, 2005, 3:58 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bgp1] php + 'Object Expected' js error... [In reply to] Can't Post

I experienced this same thing and it drove me nuts so I started piecing code in and out. I was using a separate header file and reading it in on every page. In that header file I was setting up my side menus that is basically another JavaScript file. Once I removed the menu setup from that header file and put it after all the htmlArea stuff, it worked fine.

Example:

<style type="text/css"><!--
body, td { font-family: arial; font-size: x-small; }
a { color: #0000BB; text-decoration: none; }
a:hover { color: #FF0000; text-decoration: underline; }
.headline { font-family: arial black, arial; font-size: 28px; letter-spacing: -1px; }
.headline2 { font-family: verdana, arial; font-size: 12px; }
.subhead { font-family: arial, arial; font-size: 18px;
font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; }
.backtotop { font-family: arial, arial; font-size: xx-small; }
.code { background-color: #EEEEEE; font-family: Courier New; font-size: x-small;
margin: 5px 0px 5px 0px; padding: 5px;
border: black 1px dotted;
}
--></style>
<script language="JavaScript" src="/js/editor.js"></script>

<textarea name="msg_text" style="width:650; height:150" wrap="physical"></textarea>

<script language="javascript1.2">
editor_generate('msg_text');
</script>

// This stuff that follows was all in my header.inc.php file, no it comes after htmlArea
<script language="JavaScript">
function doDropDown() {
return;
}
</script>
<script language="JavaScript1.2" SRC="/js/HM_Loader.js"></script>

Search for (options)