htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
ASP.NET and htmlArea

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

mad_coder
New User

Apr 27, 2003, 1:57 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2393 views)
Shortcut
ASP.NET and htmlArea Can't Post

Can someone please kick me the right direction ?

I am trying to integrate htmlArea into my pages, which are running on ASP.NET 1.1 (i know, that this should not matter, it is a client-side script).

The example is working OK, but when i try to use it from my page it does not function ... Ok, not really from a page,an .ascx control instea, because my "pages" are really only one .aspx page, which loads a few user controls as needed. Next thing is that none of the <script> sections is placed in <head> section (in .ascx user controls this section doesn't exis at all), everything is right in <body>. I don't know if that matters, i know nealy nothing 'bout JScript. So it looks like this :

<%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="EditHtmlText.ascx.cs" Inherits="Katalog.Controls.EditHtmlText" TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"%>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Katalog/htmlarea/htmlarea.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Katalog/htmlarea/htmlarea-lang-en.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Katalog/htmlarea/dialog.js"></script>
<style type="text/css">
@import /Katalog/htmlarea/htmlarea.css;
</style>
<P align="center"><STRONG><FONT size="2">Editace HtmlText, položka :</FONT></STRONG>
<asp:Label id="Label1" runat="server"></asp:Label></P>
<P align="center">
<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" Rows="15" Width="95%"></asp:TextBox></P>
<script type="text/javascript">
var editor = null;
function initEditor() {
editor = new HTMLArea('_ctl1:TextBox1');
editor.config.editorURL = '/Katalog/htmlarea/';
editor.generate();
}
initEditor();
</script>
<P align="center">
<TABLE cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="95%" border="0">
<TR>
<TD width="50%">
<asp:Button id="Button1" runat="server" Text="Uložit"></asp:Button></TD>
<TD width="50%">
<P align="right">
<asp:Button id="Button2" runat="server" Text="Zrušit"></asp:Button></P>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</P>

The line <asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" Rows="15" Width="95%"></asp:TextBox> will look like this:
textarea name="_ctl1:TextBox1" rows="15" id="_ctl1_TextBox1" style="width:95%;"> after parsing by the ASP.NET engine is done and it is passed to the client, so the name is OK.

My problem is that (after i fixed bunch other issues) there is no visible box with text nor HTML (after i switch views). Panel with the buttons is all-right, when i pop-up a window, the text is there, and when i try to type into the box (which cannot be seen), and then saves the page, it is updated. When in the wysiwyg mode there is only the panel with buttons, when i switch to pure-html mode, a lot of free space (depends on length of the text ttha is in the control) appears, but filled with nothing.

Does anybody know what to do to make it work ?

Search for (options)