htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
SpellCheck & ColdFusion

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

weeezl
Novice

Aug 15, 2003, 5:42 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1653 views)
Shortcut
SpellCheck & ColdFusion Can't Post

I wrote a script for ColdFusion to interface with Aspell for the SpellChecker. Works great on win32. If anyone wants the script, please let me know and I will upload it here.

nels
Novice

Aug 18, 2003, 2:30 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weeezl] SpellCheck & ColdFusion [In reply to] Can't Post

I for one would be interested in seeing what you have done.

weeezl
Novice

Aug 19, 2003, 12:43 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nels] SpellCheck & ColdFusion [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's the cfm file.

First, change the location reference in the spell-check-ui.html file to point to spell-check-logic.cfm instead of spell-check-logic.php

Then, in the cfm file, just check the variable that refers to the location of aspell on your server. Lastly, you need to install a cfx tag to run the command line. Instructions are in the cfm.

-weez
Attachments: spell-check-logic.cfm (2.14 KB)

DrClaw
Novice

Sep 5, 2003, 12:46 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1590 views)
Shortcut

when i tried your coldfusion script i ran into a few problems.

1) the cfx_consleCommand doesn't work in CFMX
2) i get this error when i run the execute line in a dos window:
C:\Aspell\bin>spell_635.txt | aspell -a --mode=none --add-filter=sgml -- lang=en_US
Error: No word lists can be found for the language "en_US".

I installed the updated script of cfx_Execute (buy the same guy), but i can't get around the no word list...

can you help?
-doc

weeezl
Novice

Sep 9, 2003, 1:15 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DrClaw] SpellCheck & ColdFusion [In reply to] Can't Post

I use cfx consolecommand in CFMX so I don't know what the issue is. do you have the latest update?

The only thing I can figure about the language is that you don't have a dictionary installed? Did you install at least the english dictionary for aspell?

DrClaw
Novice

Sep 9, 2003, 7:41 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1557 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for getting back to me. I found a way around the problem i was having with consolecommand, i just installed cfx_execute (made by the same guy) and alterd the script to work with that custom tag. for some reason, consolecommand wasn't working with CFMX (and it's documented in the cfx_execute readme file).
You were right that i didn't have a dictionary installed. once i installed that, and rewrote part of the cfm file....it was smooth sailing.

Thanks again for the help!

-doc

weeezl
Novice

Sep 13, 2003, 1:41 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DrClaw] SpellCheck & ColdFusion [In reply to] Can't Post

Would you mind posting your modified code here? I would like to take a look. Thanks!

-weezl

DrClaw
Novice

Sep 15, 2003, 2:44 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1492 views)
Shortcut

Here is my modified coldfusion script. This uses cfx_execute. After making my modifications to this script, i found that coldfusion MX 6.1 now has a variable property in the cfexecute...so i guess i could have just used that. thanks for posting this in the first place.
-Doc
Attachments: spell-check-logic.cfm (2.27 KB)

Search for (options)