htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
Link.html

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

mouser
Novice

Nov 23, 2003, 1:53 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1198 views)
Shortcut
Link.html Can't Post

Since upgrading from CVS to htmlarea 1.49 and link.html 1.1 I am getting an error I just cannot figure out; Javascript line 86: 'undefined' is null or not an object. Anyone any ideas why?

I've checked and am sure that all related files are equally up to date. Insert table and everything else works ok.

Any ideas at all are much appreciated!!!

Cool
New User

Nov 23, 2003, 2:35 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mouser] Link.html [In reply to] Can't Post

Same problem with Mozilla 1.5
--By Cool--

mouser
Novice

Nov 23, 2003, 4:56 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cool] Link.html [In reply to] Can't Post

further to my last (which I forgot to mention was in 2k IE6 btw, also an issue with XP IE6)

If it helps someone who knows this code better than I, line 86 is within popup.js function '__dlg_translate', and appears to be an issue with 'il8n' itself, but I may be wrong!

'elp!Unsure

(This post was edited by mouser on Nov 23, 2003, 5:10 PM)

mishoo
User

Nov 23, 2003, 7:26 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1175 views)
Shortcut

What language are you using?

The new link properties dialog is the first core dialog that provides support for I18N; I honestly only checked it with English and Romanian ;-)
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

mouser
Novice

Nov 24, 2003, 6:00 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mishoo] Link.html [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm using english

-Ok think I've fixed it! Doh! Grrrr! I hate having to admit it was me... Ok my en.js file wasn't up todate! Oh the shame Frown

... Thanks anyway mishoo!

(This post was edited by mouser on Nov 24, 2003, 8:41 PM)

mouser
Novice

Nov 24, 2003, 9:21 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1135 views)
Shortcut

...However there is 1 thing that I hope someone reading this post about the link popup can help with; How can I hard-code a class style into a link? Because I always want links to be set a specific class to avoid the nasty blue underlined links!

(This post was edited by mouser on Nov 24, 2003, 9:22 PM)

mouser
Novice

Nov 24, 2003, 10:25 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1128 views)
Shortcut

There appears to be another issue with the new link, when revisiting a link the 'Title(tooltip)' returns the target section of the markup instead of the title (ie if you have target="_blank" it will then appear in the Title box!)

...probably an easy fix for mishoo! Wink

mishoo
User

Nov 28, 2003, 7:21 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1099 views)
Shortcut

Later :-)

Anyway, for now you can include a style-sheet in your document which can specify styles for a, a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active.
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

Search for (options)