htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
Auto Sizing

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

imnes
New User

Jan 7, 2004, 10:47 PM

Post #1 of 3 (750 views)
Shortcut
Auto Sizing Can't Post

Is there a way to get the htmlArea to resize with the window? Right now I'm just setting the size of my textarea using rows= and cols= and it seems to be keeping those as the size. I tried to manually go into the htmlarea .js source and change the width from "auto" to "90%" with no success.

The full-screen editor functions properly. I'm using the Epiphany browser (mozilla). I get the same results under standard Mozilla 1.4.

It's kind of annoying because I have to manually set the htmlarea to fit in low-res screens, but then when someone running 1280x1024 or some other larger res views the page it looks ridiculously small.

Nick

martijnw
New User

Jan 8, 2004, 2:56 AM

Post #2 of 3 (745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [imnes] Auto Sizing [In reply to] Can't Post

use style="width: 95%; height: 95%;"

imnes
New User

Jan 8, 2004, 8:19 AM

Post #3 of 3 (735 views)