htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
operation aborted error

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

iassen4o
New User

Mar 4, 2004, 6:06 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3215 views)
Shortcut
operation aborted error Can't Post

hi, i've only got this after upgrading to the latest version.

editor works fine in fireworks and dies with operation aborted in IE

very strange indeed.

i found a solution that works for me - my IE didn't like this piece of code (the commented out lines) in htmlarea.js :

// load some scripts
(function() {
var scripts = HTMLArea._scripts = [ _editor_url + "htmlarea.js",
_editor_url + "dialog.js",
_editor_url + "popupwin.js",
_editor_url + "lang/" + _editor_lang + ".js" ];
// var head = document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];
// start from 1, htmlarea.js is already loaded
// for (var i = 1; i < scripts.length; ++i) {
// var script = document.createElement("script");
// script.src = scripts;
// head.appendChild(script);
// }
})();

so i commented the dynamic loading out and amdoing it by directly including the scripts via script tag.

bdcribbs
New User

Jan 7, 2005, 1:19 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [iassen4o] operation aborted error [In reply to] Can't Post

I can confirm that this problem exists under certain conditions with IE 6.0.2800.1106 on Win2000 5.00.2195-SP4 and HTMLArea-3.0-rc1 downloaded earlier this week.

I wish I could say what those "certain conditions" are... the examples work ok for me under this configuration, but when I use HTMLArea in my application I experience the error. The application already used a considerable amount of javascript on the client side (not including HTMLArea).

Thanks very much iassen4o for the workaround! Later on, I may have time to do a step by step build-up from the working-case to the broken-case and track down more specifically the problem, but for now I will use the workaround.

-Bryan

Edit: typo

(This post was edited by bdcribbs on Jan 7, 2005, 1:33 PM)

Search for (options)