htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
HTMLTidy bug in CVS?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

weeezl
Novice

Mar 14, 2004, 11:47 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1033 views)
Shortcut
HTMLTidy bug in CVS? Can't Post

I just downloaded the most recent CVS and the HTMLTidy plugin is popping up a page in a new window as opposed to loading in an iframe. Is this a bug introduced by the new plugin handling code?

Is this happening to anyone else?

seriousmoose
Novice

Mar 16, 2004, 2:17 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weeezl] HTMLTidy bug in CVS? [In reply to] Can't Post

right now I just got it working. Very strange. I'll post source when I get it working...

I am using the CVS version of it though, so you may want to try upgrading to that.

Also, I noticed that HTML Tidy seems to totally thrash my CSS, so I'll see what I can do to preserve the elements between the <style></style>

(This post was edited by seriousmoose on Mar 16, 2004, 2:39 AM)

seriousmoose
Novice

Mar 16, 2004, 2:48 AM

Post #3 of 8 (997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [seriousmoose] HTMLTidy bug in CVS? [In reply to] Can't Post

I just found your problem.

What you were doing is you are running the script on a non-php server. This can be caused by either:

1. web server does not have php properly configured to parse .php files
2. You simply opened the file itself instead of going through the browser (so it will do server-side parsing)

weeezl
Novice

Mar 16, 2004, 4:41 PM

Post #4 of 8 (980 views)
Shortcut

Nope. The file runs on it's own. It just doesn't run correctly within the context of the editor. Opens up in a new window for some reason.... Either I need to redownload the files and try or wait to see if there's a bug fix.

Unsure

-A

seriousmoose
Novice

Mar 16, 2004, 6:21 PM

Post #5 of 8 (976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weeezl] HTMLTidy bug in CVS? [In reply to] Can't Post

I know it's possible, cause I just got it working last night, and it's still working today ;)

I can't remember if I actually changed the source. I remember I added a whole lot of debug-related things to the source to find out where the problem was, but I don't actually remember what the problem was... So, since my memory is so bad, I uploaded my htmltidy folder which I know works, so you can give that a try if you like.

kenny
Attachments: HtmlTidy.zip (10.2 KB)

kimss
User

Mar 25, 2004, 12:42 PM

Post #6 of 8 (915 views)
Shortcut

I succesfully installed the tidy both on my windows and linux server, and the tidy system by itself really works like a charm as a standalone feed. To me it seems almost better to "tidy" the document when storing / submitting the form since its rather CPU insensitive on larger files. Myself is on a 1100 Mhz and most my customers isnt even that, maby Pention 500's... Hmm.

On the other hand, I cant get this mod to work anyways. Using latest CVS version, but I still get some strange errors for some reason. Everything goes well, but the problem occures when the new tudy-logic page is completed and should return the tidy code to the editor. The error is :

Error : 'windows.parent._editorRef.plugins' is null or not an object

Anyone have some clue? Or another sollution in throwing the code back to the parent windows setHTML() function ?

The code in the .php file generating the above error is this :

function setNewHtml() {
var htRef = window.parent._editorRef.plugins['HtmlTidy'];
htRef.instance.processTidied(tidyString());
}

Kim Steinhaug
kim-at-steinhaug-dot-com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.steinhaug.com - www.easywebshop.no - www.webkitpro.com
Norwegian office : +47 88 00 92 45, Swedish office : +46 31 704 43 40

kimss
User

Mar 27, 2004, 5:34 AM

Post #7 of 8 (893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimss] HTMLTidy bug in CVS? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I redid some programming and at the same time made it onl°y work on IE - swell. To bad I dont "get" the new Object model of the editor, so that I had to do this with ModalDIalogs. Anywho - it now works.

Put the attached php file in the HtmlTidy plugins folder, and add theese lines into you htmlArea page :

Code

<a href="javascript: htmltidy_workaround();">Test</a><br>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
<!--
function htmltidy_workaround(){
htmltidy_Pop();
}
function htmltidy_Pop(){
window.showModalDialog("plugins/HtmlTidy/html-tidy-logic.php.ie.php",window,"dialogHeight: 100px; dialogWidth: 100px; dialogTop: px; dialogLeft: px; edge: Raised; center: Yes; help: No; resizable: No; status: No; scroll:no");
}
function htmltidy_server(){
return editor.getHTML();
}
function htmltidy_server_set(html){
editor.setHTML(html);
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>

I didnt patch up the main .js file, this should easilly be done. Move the functions inside the js file and add the correct buttons. Atleast I managed to get the HTMLTidy system to work as wanted.

Kim Steinhaug
kim-at-steinhaug-dot-com

(This post was edited by kimss on Mar 27, 2004, 5:51 AM)
Attachments: html-tidy-logic.php.ie.php (3.60 KB)

kimss
User

Apr 16, 2004, 7:19 AM

Post #8 of 8 (792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimss] HTMLTidy bug in CVS? [In reply to] Can't Post

I did an update to my HTMLTidy installation, and implemented the stylesheet code from Ivan alias DrSlump. The thread with his original comments and posts for this :

Improvement for HtmlTidy Plugin

Attached is my updated file from this thread, still with ModalWindows for IE though. Active or deactive his function with the $stylefix parameter in the beginning of the file. I also entered some few extra parsing after the HTMLTidy has worked the code, to remove some obvious Wordish codes.

Kim Steinhaug
kim-at-steinhaug-dot-com
Attachments: html-tidy-logic.php.ie.php (6.35 KB)

Search for (options)