htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
Automatic Image Resizing

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

dagget
New User

Apr 27, 2004, 2:48 PM

Post #1 of 1 (588 views)
Shortcut
Automatic Image Resizing Can't Post

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I've searched the threads and can't seem to find an answer. Basically what I'd like to do is create an htmlarea field 200px x 200px. Then allow the user to drag and drop images from the web into this box and when they press the form submit button write that image to their server.

Now, I've got all this working fine. What I have noticed is if the user selects an image that is larger than 200 x 200 only a portion of the image is seen. This might confuse some users.

So my question is, is it possible to automatically resize the image to 200 x X (keeping the aspect) when it is dropped into the htmlarea Box? I think it should be able to be done. I can use javascript to get the image tag. I can rewrite the image tag. I'm just lost as to how to rewrite this tag back into htmlArea over the initial tag.

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Search for (options)