htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
New Coldfusion SpellChecker Plugin v1.8

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

weeezl
Novice

Aug 4, 2004, 9:06 AM

Post #1 of 2 (6385 views)
Shortcut
New Coldfusion SpellChecker Plugin v1.8 Can't Post

Hey guys. I got a question about this recently so I'm posting a new version of my spell checker plugin for ColdFusion. This version works with the additional features added in v 1.8 of the spellchecker plugin. It's pretty simple to implement and I've had no problems with it.

Note to CF5 users:

In CF5, cfexecute can't output to a variable! In this case, you need to save the output of cfexecute to a file and read it back in to get the value of spellOutput. You can also use a cfx tag called cfx_execute. Private messgae me if you have any issues.
Attachments: spell-check-logic.cfm (4.41 KB)

thesaitn
New User

Aug 4, 2004, 2:36 PM

Post #2 of 2 (6379 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weeezl] New Coldfusion SpellChecker Plugin v1.8 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks weezl, I appreciate the new code, but I'm having the same problems with this that I did with the previous version.

here's the changes I made, it works just fine,till it actually does the spell checking, then it tells me that there are no misspelled words.

<cfset tempfile = "spell_#CreateUUID()#.txt">
<cfset spelloutput = "#aspellpath1#\spelloutput">
<!--- run spellcheck --->
<cffile action="write" file="#aspellpath#\#tempfile#" output="#text#" charset="utf-8">
<cfexecute name="c:\winnt40\system32\cmd.exe" arguments="/c type #aspellpath#\#tempfile# | #aspellpath#\bin\aspell -a --mode=none --add-filter=sgml --encoding=utf-8 --lang=#dict#" outputfile="#aspellpath#\spellOutput" timeout="30"></cfexecute>
<cffile action="read" file="#spelloutput1#" variable ="spellOutput">
<cffile action="write" file="#aspellpath#\output.txt" output="#spellOutput#" charset="utf-8">
<!--- delete the file --->
<cffile action="delete" file="#aspellpath#\#tempfile#">

the spell-checker-ui.js I have is
// $Id: spell-check-ui.js,v 1.9 2004/01/31 13:47:05 mishoo Exp $

I can see the output.txt file, and the spelloutput file, they both have the output from aspell , so I know it's writing the files properly, but the logic is acting weird.

I'm by no means a CFM guru but this is truly baffling me, and ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Search for (options)