htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
SpellCheck plugin not working

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

UsrLnx
Novice

Aug 6, 2004, 7:29 AM

Post #1 of 3 (6082 views)
Shortcut
SpellCheck plugin not working Can't Post

I need help getting the spell checker to work. When I click on the spell check button, the spell checker window opens but then it stops there with a message of 'Please wait. Calling spell checker.'

Aspell is installed and works from the command line (FreeBSD 5.2.1 system).

The error_log says:

Variable "$debug" will not stay shared at /usr/local/www/data/htmlarea/plugins/SpellChecker
/spell-check-logic.cgi line 171.
Variable "%suggested_words" may be unavailable at /usr/local/www/data/htmlarea/plugins/Spel
lChecker/spell-check-logic.cgi line 113.
Variable "$total_words" may be unavailable at /usr/local/www/data/htmlarea/plugins/SpellChe
cker/spell-check-logic.cgi line 114.
Variable "$speller" may be unavailable at /usr/local/www/data/htmlarea/plugins/SpellChecker
/spell-check-logic.cgi line 115.
Variable "$total_mispelled" may be unavailable at /usr/local/www/data/htmlarea/plugins/Spel
lChecker/spell-check-logic.cgi line 119.
Variable "$total_suggestions" may be unavailable at /usr/local/www/data/htmlarea/plugins/Sp
ellChecker/spell-check-logic.cgi line 125.
Variable "$total_words_suggested" may be unavailable at /usr/local/www/data/htmlarea/plugin
s/SpellChecker/spell-check-logic.cgi line 126.

Denver Dave
User

Aug 14, 2004, 10:06 AM

Post #2 of 3 (6030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UsrLnx] SpellCheck plugin not working [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi - glad to see discussion of the Spell Checker

What type of system (flatform) are you running on? (my production use is on Linux)

The conclusion that I came to from previous discussions is that I could not use the spell checker because it required admin level access on the server to install the perl module. If you or anyone else has new or different information, please let me know.

Good luck!
Dave

(This post was edited by Denver Dave on Aug 18, 2004, 9:41 AM)

UsrLnx
Novice

Aug 18, 2004, 8:28 AM

Post #3 of 3 (6002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Denver Dave] SpellCheck plugin not working [In reply to] Can't Post

The system if FreeBSD 5.2.1. The spell checker is installed and works without a problem in everything BUT HTMLarea. So I don't think that is the problem. But thanks for the reply. I've still had no luck getting it to work.

Search for (options)