htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
mac firefox - body background image problem

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

hubby
New User

Dec 31, 2004, 8:04 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2386 views)
Shortcut
mac firefox - body background image problem Can't Post

hello all,

i'm encountering a bug using firefox 1.0 on os x 10.3 wherein if the page has a background image in the body, upon losing focus from the htmlarea (e.g. when a different input box is clicked), the background image moves to the front of the content and covers it.

in my case, the background image is tiled but only part of it is 'moving forward'. also, putting the background image in a table solves the problem but is obviously not ideal for when the background image has to cover all of the available screen space

it may be easier to show than explain - https://seil.simbiotic.co.uk/manage1/htmlarea_test.html

has anyone else encountered this?

hubby

khagel
Novice

Jan 3, 2005, 12:15 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hubby] mac firefox - body background image problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I have encountered the same exact problem, I have narrowed it down a little more, it has something to do with iFrames on the page. You can also experience the same problem by replacing the htmlarea with a simple iFrame.

I am thinking that this may be a bug in Firefox on OSX, because Firefox on Windows does not produce the same error. I have been searching all over with google, and so far have found no solution to the problem.

Search for (options)