htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
Working custom2.html

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

okkebal
New User

Jan 2, 2005, 5:31 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2260 views)
Shortcut
Working custom2.html Can't Post

I've seen this question numerous times here.. but no one knows I guess...

I would like to make a popup windows that returns HTML to the editor. There is a "custom2.html" form the 2.0 release in the /popups/ folder but that doesn't work.

So how is it done?

HTML Area is pretty useless if you can't extend it with some popups.

This is what I try now:

config.registerButton({
id : "my-custom2",
tooltip : "Custom",
image : "my-custom2.gif",
textMode : true,
action : function(editor, id) {
var text = window.open(_editor_url+"/popups/custom2.html");
if (text) {
editor.insertHTML(text);
}
}
});

But I should not use "window.open" I guess, because the HTML is not returned properly.

okkebal
New User

Jan 2, 2005, 6:16 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [okkebal] Working custom2.html [In reply to] Can't Post

This required me to make changes in the htmlarea.js file. Of course there are already examples in there that open popups for images and links. Thing is, these are EXTREMELY complex and unreadable for me. I dont't want to do checks, I just want a popup, thats always the same, shows the same pictures every time (some smilies) and when you click one of the smilies it inserts the HTML for that smiley into the editor.

This should be 3 lines of code or something.

Search for (options)