htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
if a form sent to the same page, the htmlarea value cannot be reset

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

searain
Novice

Jan 12, 2005, 12:57 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2256 views)
Shortcut
if a form sent to the same page, the htmlarea value cannot be reset Can't Post

Forget about my post below. I was wrong. My issue is with this.form.submit() cannot send the htmlarea values. I already solve it by using this.form.submitButton.click();

see http://www.htmlarea.com/forum/htmlArea_3_(beta)_C4/htmlArea_v3.0_-_Beta_Release_F14/this.form.submit%28%29_with_htmlarea_P37370/

-------------

In other words, htmlarea 3 not saving the modified values. see the example

<form >

<textarea id="mytest_area" name="mytest_area" cols="75" rows="16"><?php echo($myteset_area); ?></textarea>

<input name="submit" type="submit" value="submit">

<input type="submit" name="refresh" value="refresh">

</form>

when click on the submit, or refresh button, the form will be sumitted. and the action page of the submitting form is this page itself.

I will use php codes to detect which button is clicked, if the button "submit" is clicked, i will do some database works and then redirect to other another page.

when click on the refresh page, i want it stay in this page, but the preset up value for the mytest_area will be reset to the new value i just typed in. this approach works if the area is not a htmlArea 3 field. but if i set mytest_area to htmlArea 3, then the new value get lost, it still shows me empty field.

(This post was edited by searain on Jan 12, 2005, 3:08 PM)

Search for (options)