htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
text-mode and bottom scrollbar - newbee

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

LupoLoko
New User

Jan 15, 2005, 12:57 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2590 views)
Shortcut
text-mode and bottom scrollbar - newbee Can't Post

Hi,

First, sorry my (bad) english....

When I switch to text-mode, I need the bottom scroll bar. I tried:
  • cols="600" in <textarea>
  • style="width:100%; scrollbars=yes; overflow: scroll;" in <textarea>
  • change the switch function on textarea.js
Nothing works...

Another problem (have same things about that in this forum, but nothing works for me) is a lost-tabulation with blank spaces in html code. Thats is very important to me.

Other task to see: I use windows 2000 / IE / Firefox, but in windows 98 / IE, the page still loading indefinitely... This happens just with me?

So, thanks a lot for the editor.

sleemanj
User

Jan 16, 2005, 8:48 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LupoLoko] text-mode and bottom scrollbar - newbee [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
When I switch to text-mode, I need the bottom scroll bar.

The bottom scrollbar should appear on a textarea only when necessary. You might try adding wrap="none" to the textarea (I think thats the correct attribute, been a long time since I've used it).

In Reply To
Another problem (have same things about that in this forum, but nothing works for me) is a lost-tabulation with blank spaces in html code. Thats is very important to me.

I think you mean that the HTML loses it's formatting (indentation, newlines etc) when going to code view (and saving). Whitespace is only meaningful in HTML and XML in so far as it forms a token separator, that means that when we get your edited text from the browser, the browser will combine all 'extra' whitespace into a single space character. Particularly in Internet Explorer. there is nothing that can be done about that.

You can use the HTMLTidy plugin to re-format the source code so it's not all on one line (esp in IE).

In Reply To

Other task to see: I use windows 2000 / IE / Firefox, but in windows 98 / IE, the page still loading indefinitely... This happens just with me?

I see this every now and then, it doesn't really affect the operation of the editor such as I've seen. My fork is probably a bit better in this regard because it loads many fewer images.

James Sleeman
PHP Programmer

LupoLoko
New User

Jan 17, 2005, 9:57 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleemanj] text-mode and bottom scrollbar - newbee [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi James,

Thanks a lot 4 u reply, really help me.

I put wrap="off" in <textarea>, and works. So, I will try use the plugin HTMLTidy to indent the code.

I tried your fork, but I need a <body> editor, and your version don't have this feature yet.

See you, bye.

Anselmo F Forati Junior
(Brasil)

Search for (options)