htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Support Requests:
License Agreement

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

simonschock
New User

Jan 24, 2005, 4:33 PM

Post #1 of 2 (11268 views)
Shortcut
License Agreement Can't Post

Hi...

We have implementet htmlArea in our Content Management System. The system is build in PHP and is encryptet before destribution.
Which of the categories are our redistribution best described as: "source code" or "binary form" (according to your License Agreement)?
Or doesn't we belong to eny of the categories - in that case: what should we do i order to be in accordance with your License Agreement?

Thanks a lot! We are very pleased with your product!

Best regards
Simon Schock
Contentcube
Denmark

kimss
User

Jan 26, 2005, 9:18 AM

Post #2 of 2 (11230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simonschock] License Agreement [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm.. All the code for HTMLArea is really visible from the View Source function so its accually never hidden for any credible webmaster. Whatabout including a folder with your distribution named eg. GPL/Open source or something and include a ZIP or tar.gz file of the versjon of HTMLArea you are using. This would make other users take advantage of the files I would think?

Eventually some legal expert would have to answer this question I would think, since poking in the licensing field is not a walk in the sun... But Interactive Tools should hava an answer for this, atleast a guidline on what they see it as I would think.

Kim Steinhaug
kim-at-steinhaug-dot-com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.steinhaug.com - www.easywebshop.no - www.webkitpro.com
Norwegian office : +47 88 00 92 45, Swedish office : +46 31 704 43 40

Search for (options)