htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
(id )parameter && popups in French

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

stervina
User

Feb 28, 2003, 4:57 AM

Post #1 of 3 (7098 views)
Shortcut
(id )parameter && popups in French Can't Post

Hi everyone

I have implemented htmlArea 3.0 on my local server. I have tested it with both IE, and Mozilla 1.3.

I had some difficulty getting it to work with the latter. I then noticed a new parameter (id)in the TEXTAREA parameters in example.html. (<textarea id="texte" name="texte" style="width:100%" rows="20">) I added it to my previously defined Text areas, and all went fine then.

What is that (id) parameter ?

By the way, htmlArea works fine with IE without this parameter.

I have also translated the popups 3.0 into French. You'll find them down below. Might help someone.

STERVINA

Lannion France

(This post was edited by stervina on Feb 28, 2003, 5:24 AM)
Attachments: popups.zip (4.95 KB)

mishoo
User

Feb 28, 2003, 7:25 PM

Post #2 of 3 (7087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stervina] (id )parameter && popups in French [In reply to] Can't Post

The new version of HTMLArea (3.0) uses document.getElementById to retrieve an element--instead of document.all (used in the previous versions) which was an IE extension.

The new form ensures compatibility with future versions of web browsers--getElementById is a standard DOM call. But it requires you to write an ID for the element.
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

stervina
User

Mar 1, 2003, 3:01 AM

Post #3 of 3 (7081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mishoo] (id )parameter && popups in French [In reply to] Can't Post

All is clear now

Thanks a lot