htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
Adding Image Upload to the Form

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

brandonp
New User

May 26, 2004, 1:49 PM

Post #1 of 7 (13797 views)
Shortcut
Adding Image Upload to the Form Can't Post

I have modified the insert_image.html popup to include ability to have image upload ability. You can see the source code at the following address:

http://www.brandonpetersen.com/insert_image.phps

This may not be the most elegant solution, but was done quickly and quite easily. A lot could be done to improve this.

To use this, you would have to update htmlarea.js line 1445 and change the text

Code
this._popupDialog("insert_image.html", function(param) {

To be

Code
this._popupDialog("insert_image.php", function(param) {

You would also have to change the '$destination' and '$url' variables found at the top of insert_image.php, making sure you set a writeable directory to copy the image and the url correctly locates that image.

The huge problem with this modification is that you will get a large number of images in the upload directory that will become obsolete and waste space. But it's a convenient solution for me.

Brandon Petersen
http://www.brandonpetersen.com/

ekki
Novice

Sep 7, 2004, 1:36 PM

Post #2 of 7 (13149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brandonp] Adding Image Upload to the Form [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks! I needed something like this!

I changed the script a little. Now you can give a maximum file size ($max, you can change this yourself, just search for 'max' in the code and change the '1000' into something else... the size is in bytes). And the script gives an error when uploading a file with the wrong extension and when the file size is too big.

Forgive me if I left some Dutch text in the code or when the English is not good...

Oh... save the file as insert_image.php and change the text as said in the post above. Have fun!
Attachments: insert_image.txt (7.27 KB)

hille
New User

Sep 8, 2004, 7:57 AM

Post #3 of 7 (13120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ekki] Adding Image Upload to the Form [In reply to] Can't Post

hey guys,

great work. but iīve some problems with the image options: align, alternate text, spacing etc.

they donīt work. but i am too noobish to figure it out whats wrong. do you have any ideas?? thanx.

greetz hille

hille
New User

Sep 8, 2004, 8:02 AM

Post #4 of 7 (13119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ekki] Adding Image Upload to the Form [In reply to] Can't Post

and one more:

in internet explorer...the pop-up doesnīt show its whole content. its cut at all sides

ekki
Novice

Sep 9, 2004, 3:11 AM

Post #5 of 7 (13073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hille] Adding Image Upload to the Form [In reply to] Can't Post

Strange, because I have no problems: everything works fine!

And: I think we didn't change the code for align, border, spacing, etc. We only added some code to upload an image. That's all.

Did you test it without the php-code? Did that work good?

nomaed
New User

Jan 6, 2005, 10:59 AM

Post #6 of 7 (12079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brandonp] Adding Image Upload to the Form [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it still available somewhere? It sounds exactly as the solution I am looking for right now, but the link seems to be obsolete...Pirate

marco76tv
Novice

Feb 4, 2005, 1:09 AM

Post #7 of 7 (11445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nomaed] Adding Image Upload to the Form [In reply to] Can't Post

i am searching for a ASP STANDALONE IMAGE MANAGER WITH UPLOAD

please help

Search for (options)