htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
ColdFusion Insert Image Listing

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

StanWinchester
Novice

Apr 24, 2004, 12:32 PM

Post #1 of 3 (6502 views)
Shortcut
ColdFusion Insert Image Listing Can't Post

I've attached a simple routine to list available images in a specified directory on a ColdFusion server, and puts the image file name & path in the form "url" form field. You can then click on the preview button to see the image.

To Install:
  1. Put the insert_image.cfm & files.cfm files in the /popups directory
  2. Set the following paths in the Application.cfm:
    1. request.imagePath = "f:\...\images\";
    2. request.imageHttpPath = "http://.../images/";
  3. Replace insert_image.html with insert_image.cfm in htmlarea.js
Enjoy!

(This post was edited by StanWinchester on Apr 24, 2004, 12:34 PM)
Attachments: files.cfm (2.52 KB)
  insert_image.cfm (5.81 KB)

jiggy1com
Novice

Jun 11, 2004, 6:48 PM

Post #2 of 3 (6384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StanWinchester] ColdFusion Insert Image Listing [In reply to] Can't Post

Not Bad ... but where is the OK button? I couldn't find it.. and I think you forgot to pass over the popup.js file as well, im getting JS errors everywhere. maybe its me???

do you have an example online? I'm looking for a slightly better [insert image] solution than what htmlarea has - actually something as simple as prefilling out the URL field in the default showmodaldialog box. i've been having difficulties trying to do this.

thanks

joe

loonsta
New User

Jul 27, 2004, 11:17 PM

Post #3 of 3 (6190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StanWinchester] ColdFusion Insert Image Listing [In reply to] Can't Post

You can improve the functionality by making the following change to files.cfm

Replace line 39:

frames.parent.document.ipreview.src=iName;

with the following:

frames.parent.window.ipreview.location.replace(iName);

Now images are previewd as soon as you select them Wink, and you can remove the preview button from insert_image.cfm if you like Cool.

Search for (options)