htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
Indite plugin

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

kyberfabrikken
User

Sep 5, 2004, 12:56 PM

Post #1 of 7 (6448 views)
Shortcut
Indite plugin Can't Post

Sorry for double posting, but i realize that this is the right place for my announce.

In short - Indite is a plugin that restricts the user to a subset of html, and thus ensures semantically clean content. It works realtime (while the user types).

In addition, I have made a php-wrapper, that could be used with or without the Indite plugin.

You can get your hands on it all at :

http://www.kyberfabrikken.dk/opensource/indite/

sulleleven
Novice

Sep 6, 2004, 12:06 AM

Post #2 of 7 (6439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kyberfabrikken] Indite plugin [In reply to] Can't Post

sweet, i'll give it a try.

Viperal
Novice

Sep 6, 2004, 6:58 AM

Post #3 of 7 (6425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sulleleven] Indite plugin [In reply to] Can't Post

Very nice will check it out. Thankz

demuire
Novice

Oct 20, 2004, 11:26 PM

Post #4 of 7 (6248 views)
Shortcut

Very nice plugin.

One question - is there a way to further restrict the subset of HTML that is allowed? I want to only allow bold, italic, UL and anchors. I tried to edit richtext.js but didn't get very far...

Thanks

kyberfabrikken
User

Oct 21, 2004, 6:17 AM

Post #5 of 7 (6243 views)
Shortcut
Re: [demuire] Indite plugin [In reply to] Can't Post

Demuire : I'll advice you to wait for my next release. I'm currently working on using XSLT to transform the document instead of the custom DOMTransformer witch is used currently. Hopefully next release will be out sometime in the comming week.

demuire
Novice

Oct 21, 2004, 6:45 AM

Post #6 of 7 (6241 views)
Shortcut

Excellent :)

kyberfabrikken
User

Oct 26, 2004, 10:05 AM

Post #7 of 7 (6194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [demuire] Indite plugin [In reply to] Can't Post

FYI the new release is out. It uses DTD and XSLT to validate and correct the document and thus should be easier to change than the earlier releases.

At the same time - If you (or anybody else?) have experience with XSLT and would like to give me a little help, i would really appreciate it. I'm not too skilled in this language, so there are a few improvements to be made to the XSLT before i can declare Indite version 1.0 final.

Search for (options)