htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
Is there a Code Snippets PlugIn?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

systemaddict
New User

Oct 5, 2004, 1:30 AM

Post #1 of 8 (21587 views)
Shortcut
Is there a Code Snippets PlugIn? Can't Post

Hello I've searched the forum but couldn't find any information about a code snippet plugin. It would enable users to pick a code snippet (i.e. a table design) and it would be inserted into the wysiwyg-editor. Does this exist? Thanks, Soren

kimastergeorge
Novice

Oct 5, 2004, 7:49 PM

Post #2 of 8 (21575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [systemaddict] Is there a Code Snippets PlugIn? [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't you just copy and paste? Or open up HTML mode and paste?

systemaddict
New User

Oct 6, 2004, 5:31 AM

Post #3 of 8 (21569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimastergeorge] Is there a Code Snippets PlugIn? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure, but it would certainly be easier if the users could pick from pre-defined templates. That would also enable me to control the design more accurately.

jWj2k
New User

Oct 29, 2004, 9:48 PM

Post #4 of 8 (21457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [systemaddict] Is there a Code Snippets PlugIn? [In reply to] Can't Post

You could create a pop-up that would include a drop down box of snippets. (The snippets could be stored in a text file, database, etc.) Then when the user clicks submit, use the insertHTML() method to plug in the snippets from the dropdown list.

I was thinking on trying this. I'll be sure to share my results.
jWj2k

(This post was edited by jWj2k on Oct 29, 2004, 9:57 PM)

mvanwiele
New User

Dec 13, 2004, 9:50 AM

Post #5 of 8 (21215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jWj2k] Is there a Code Snippets PlugIn? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there
I am trying to have a template function like that but without success.
Is there somewhere an example of Code snippets / template plugin working with HTMLArea 3 ?

Cheers
Mvw

(This post was edited by mvanwiele on Dec 13, 2004, 9:50 AM)

bendog69
Novice

Dec 13, 2004, 1:16 PM

Post #6 of 8 (21205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mvanwiele] Is there a Code Snippets PlugIn? [In reply to] Can't Post

There certainly is a market for this type of thing. I too am trying to set up htmlArea to do this, specifically from a database through JDBC and JSPs.

There are ample examples of inserting html from a popup; the problem is populating said popup from a database. Can anyone offer suggestions?

mvanwiele
New User

Dec 14, 2004, 2:42 AM

Post #7 of 8 (21188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bendog69] Is there a Code Snippets PlugIn? [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you have links to available examples?
Thanks
Mvw

In Reply To
There certainly is a market for this type of thing. I too am trying to set up htmlArea to do this, specifically from a database through JDBC and JSPs.

There are ample examples of inserting html from a popup; the problem is populating said popup from a database. Can anyone offer suggestions?

bendog69
Novice

Dec 15, 2004, 9:12 AM

Post #8 of 8 (21142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mvanwiele] Is there a Code Snippets PlugIn? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's what htmlArea is built upon. You click a toolbar button, it pops up a window, you manipulate some data and click ok, and the resulting html is pasted back in the textarea.

My issue is populating the list of items in the popup with items from a database whose name doesn't end with '.mdb'.

Search for (options)