htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
Start htmlarea in textmode

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

gheydon
New User

Nov 12, 2004, 9:17 PM

Post #1 of 3 (5529 views)
Shortcut
Start htmlarea in textmode Can't Post

With my implementation of htmlarea into drupal, one problem is that some of the content that can be entered can be in the form of php code, which htmlarea doesn't like as it is not valid html.
So to get around this a have created a patch that will allow you to start htmlarea in testmode. It does however have one problem that I had in getting it to work is that the iframe pops up and then goes away, but other than that it is all fine.
below is an example to use this functionality, and I have attached the patch to this as well as an example, which is based up core.html

Code
HTMLArea.onload = function () { 
editor = new HTMLArea("ta");

// comment the following two lines to see how customization works
editor.config.editMode = "textmode";
editor.generate();
return false;

};

Attachments: htmlarea.patch (4.04 KB)
  textmode.html (3.24 KB)

ajrod
New User

Dec 4, 2004, 7:44 AM

Post #2 of 3 (5343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gheydon] Start htmlarea in textmode [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello!

I tried making this work for my page, but I'm having problems.

1. I am using HTMLArea 3.0-RC1. Will the patch you sent work also for this version or only for the beta version?

2. I also used the line [ editor.config.editMode = "textmode"; ] after a [ HTMLArea.replace ]. Should it work only if it was after the command [ new HTMLAREA ]?

I will greatly appreciate your help, thanks.

(This post was edited by ajrod on Dec 4, 2004, 4:07 PM)

gheydon
New User

Dec 4, 2004, 4:31 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ajrod] Start htmlarea in textmode [In reply to] Can't Post

This patch is actually done against the latest cvs version. I don't this that it will work against RC1. In fact I am not too sure of the differences between the 2.

You should be able to set textMode anytime before the generate()

Search for (options)