htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
Tableoperations Plugin issue with popups...

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

gregoryhubbs
Novice

Aug 17, 2004, 3:45 PM

Post #1 of 1 (5292 views)
Shortcut
Tableoperations Plugin issue with popups... Can't Post

Hello,

The great tableoperations plugin has a couple of issues which I wonder if anyone has a coding solution for. Often, when clicking the dialogs for the Table Properties, Row Properties and Cell Properties, while the cursor appears to be in the table, the dialog has no handle passed to it. Therefore, I get javascript errors, which I can code for.

My question is, is there a programmatic way to regain the handle to the table/cell/row if I do not have when the "popup" function is invoked?

I currently prompt the user to click again within the table or cell before clicking the toolbar for the properties dialog, but even that does not always work.

// this function gets called when the dialog needs to be initialized
function (dialog) {

// Temp function by G.H. when the table is not highlighted correctly...
if (table == null) {
alert("Please first click inside the table in order to make changes.\n\nThe table must be selected for it to be changed.");
dialog.close();
return(0);
}

and

// Temp function by G.H. when the element is not highlighted correctly...
if (element == null) {
alert("Please first click inside the cell of the table in order to make changes.\n\nThe table cell must be selected for it to be changed.");
dialog.close();
return(0);
}

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated (I hope to have thousands of K-12 children using this editor & plugin in the near future and should be adding my own enhancements in due course to pass along if interesting).

Thank you.

- Gregory

(This post was edited by gregoryhubbs on Aug 17, 2004, 3:56 PM)

Search for (options)