htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
Working combination of SpellChecker , aspell et al?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

mychrislo
New User

Sep 3, 2004, 4:23 AM

Post #1 of 1 (5168 views)
Shortcut
Working combination of SpellChecker , aspell et al? Can't Post

I run into a different dilemma. First the aspell 0.60 doesn't work with Text::Aspell.

Then Text::Aspell can't run correctly with pre-packaged perl (5.8.0) from SunFreeware

Then my main server is not able to execute cgi script (i.e. spellcheck is a no-no there). So I change the spell-check-ui.html and the post action is a remote http://anotherserver/cgi-bin/spell-check-logic.cgi.

Strange thing is that after I do this. Like many other has faced, the spellchecker can fire up. And it recognise mis-spelled words (dotted underline). But there are no suggestions. no dictionary are listed.

How can I solve that problem? Would really appreciate any help. Thx a trillion.

Best Regards,

Chris

Search for (options)