htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Add-Ons:
use InsertFile plug in and config.toolbar

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

johannes
New User

Jul 24, 2004, 9:04 AM

Post #1 of 3 (6706 views)
Shortcut
use InsertFile plug in and config.toolbar Can't Post

Hi there

I'm new to the htmlArea but like it alot! I have installed the rc1 and AlRashids plug in 'InsertFile' aŽnd som orher plugins. This is working good for me but I also want to config my toolbar, The problem is that the 'InsertFile'-icon place itself i a blank row, I mean only the 'InsertFile'-icon on the row.

It seems to me that I cant put the 'InsertFile'-icon on the same row as the rest of the icons when I use my own toolbar config? But if I du not use my own toolbar config it works and the 'InsertFile'-icon.

Im I missing something here??

Codethis is my code:

Code

<script type="text/javascript">
HTMLArea.loadPlugin("TableOperations");
HTMLArea.loadPlugin("DynamicCSS");
HTMLArea.loadPlugin("ImageManager");
HTMLArea.loadPlugin("InsertFile");
initdocument = function () {
var editor = new HTMLArea("page_source");
// edit config
var cfg = editor.config;

cfg.pageStyle = "body { font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 10px;} " +
"table, th, td { font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; border: 1px dotted silver !important;} " +
"@import url(/stilar.css);";

cfg.toolbar = [
[ "bold", "italic", "underline", "separator",
"strikethrough", "subscript", "superscript", "separator" ,
"justifyleft", "justifycenter", "justifyright", "justifyfull", "separator",
"outdent", "indent", "separator",
"forecolor", "hilitecolor", "separator",
"createlink", "insertimage", "inserttable", "htmlmode" ]
];

editor.registerPlugin(TableOperations);
editor.registerPlugin(DynamicCSS);
editor.registerPlugin(InsertFile);
editor.generate();
}
function addEvent(obj, evType, fn)
{
if (obj.addEventListener) { obj.addEventListener(evType, fn, true); return true; }
else if (obj.attachEvent) { var r = obj.attachEvent("on"+evType, fn); return r; }
else { return false; }
}
addEvent(window, 'load', initdocument);
</script>

greatful for any reply /johannes

Sly

nikotto
User

Jul 26, 2004, 9:38 AM

Post #2 of 3 (6603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johannes] use InsertFile plug in and config.toolbar [In reply to] Can't Post

i don't know the insertfile plugin, but usually plugins add themselfe to the toobar. you can change that in the "function InsertFile(editor)"

or try setting cfg.toolbar AFTER the editor.registerPlugin calls, that way you overwrite the added buttons again i suppose!

mfg

johannes
New User

Jul 26, 2004, 10:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (6601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nikotto] use InsertFile plug in and config.toolbar [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks alot Sly, I did put the config after and called the icon in the tollba- it worked just perfect, you made my day nikotto !!!

Search for (options)