htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Bug Reports & Fixes:
Memory leak

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

Pego
New User

Feb 10, 2005, 6:37 AM

Post #1 of 3 (6123 views)
Shortcut
Memory leak Can't Post

Hi! I'm customizing HTMLArea to fit it in a CMS system and I found of it very well done, it works so well!
But every day after some hours using it my computer was slowing down and down...
I found out that HTMLArea has an "huge" memory leak!
For the core vesion, on Firefox 1.0 it is about 400K wide and on Interet Explorer it reaches 700K! And in more complex version it tends to grow wider...
Have you got the same problem?
Do you see any possible solution?
Thank you!

P.S.Why hasn't anyone noticed this before?

Sponge
Novice

Feb 10, 2005, 7:25 AM

Post #2 of 3 (6117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pego] Memory leak [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you searc hthe forums or not? :) Many people noticed, many people tried to fix it, but I think most of them failed, including me. I've tried setting all objects to null, putting the editor in an IFRAME which is destroyed at unload, everything! No results whatsoever. It's one of the bigger problems I have to solve someday.

Pego
New User

Feb 10, 2005, 8:12 AM

Post #3 of 3 (6110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sponge] Memory leak [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you!
...actually, I searched the forums just typing "memory leak" in the Google search at the top of the page...never trust too much search engines Wink!

Search for (options)