Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Bug Reports & Fixes:
Problem with international characters

New User

Jan 31, 2005, 3:02 PM

Views: 20433
Problem with international characters


I am using htmlArea as part of the Exponent CMS. My problem is that the mapping between Windows character set as entered into the editor and HTML gets weird.

This is the scenario: I enter text with umlaouts, i.e. å, &auoml; and ö and they look alright in the editor. I save my changes and get goobledigook in the text instead of my entered characters.

New User

Feb 13, 2005, 10:48 AM

Views: 20359
Re: [koenig] Problem with international characters

I am interested in this as I think I had the same problem.
I found changing the character setting from charset=utf-8 to
charset=iso-8859-1 resulted in correct mapping for european keyboards.

I have only tested for a very short time so do not know if this has any knock-on effects also would be interested if this works for you or if you have found another solution.