htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
[Plugin] Insert keywords with a dropdown list

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

Hipikat
User

Feb 9, 2004, 9:25 PM

Post #1 of 4 (895 views)
Shortcut
[Plugin] Insert keywords with a dropdown list Can't Post

Just contributing a small plugin, I am...

Our CMS uses keywords in content like %username% on the backend, to return values, like a username, on the frontend. Thus, I wrote this small htmlArea plugin which allows one to provide a list of labels to go into a dropdown, like 'User Name', and when a user clicks on it, something like %username% will be inserted where the caret is in htmlArea.

It's basically a cut down hack of the CSS plugin already provided with htmlArea =)

The attached README file shows a very basic configuration, and the attached insert-words.js file should be stuck in a htmlarea/plugins/InsertWords/ directory, for use.

I hope this can be considered for inclusion in the core htmlArea cvs.
Attachments: insert-words.js (1.45 KB)
  README (0.95 KB)

aeon
User

Feb 10, 2004, 11:56 AM

Post #2 of 4 (867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hipikat] [Plugin] Insert keywords with a dropdown list [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks cool but could you provide a longer readme or example file to show how your code sits on a fully-working page? Also I take it that the .js file goes in a folder called 'InsertWords' in /plugins ?

StuB
New User

Feb 22, 2004, 9:56 AM

Post #3 of 4 (806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aeon] [Plugin] Insert keywords with a dropdown list [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd second the call for a nice simple plugin as I'm currently getting errors when I try and the plugin would be very useful

Cheers

Stu

thorstenr
New User

May 24, 2004, 9:57 AM

Post #4 of 4 (583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aeon] [Plugin] Insert keywords with a dropdown list [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

your example in the README file does not work, it generates errors:

ERROR: [createSelect]

Can you fix this?

bye
Thorsten

Search for (options)