htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
CSS Class selector.

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

turok1983
New User

Oct 28, 2003, 4:57 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1468 views)
Shortcut
CSS Class selector. Can't Post

It would be a nice and usefull option to select a piece of code and apply a css class to it. What do you think about that?

wei
User

Nov 4, 2003, 5:26 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [turok1983] CSS Class selector. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, this CSS selection sort of works, it uses php to parse external .css files to obtain the classes, then it adds them to a drop down list in htmlarea. I guess if you don't use PHP, you can also hard code the css class names for the drop down list.

check it out, http://www.zhuo.org/htmlarea/

Cheers, Wei

sleemanj
User

Nov 11, 2003, 11:49 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wei] CSS Class selector. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Wei, the CSS selector you've done works really nicely in IE, I havn't tried in Moz yet but by the looks of the comment in the source it looks like it doesn't work in Moz.

If not, are you working on that ?

Also, are you using HTML_CSS (from pear) to parse the CSS or something more interesting.

I'm going to have to do something similar in the next day or two (ugh), was gonna approach it in pretty much the same way you have. If I get something Moz worthy I'll let you know.

James Sleeman
PHP Programmer

wei
User

Nov 11, 2003, 5:39 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleemanj] CSS Class selector. [In reply to] Can't Post

I will take awhile to get Mozilla working, it may be possible. But I am not working on that at the moment.

The CSS parsing was written from scratch, but similar to PEAR's which has many other functions. I only wrote the parser for my purpose.

If you intent on write the CSS selectors, may be this DOM view may help

http://www.brainjar.com/dhtml/domviewer/demo.html

Cheers, Wei

sleemanj
User

Nov 12, 2003, 11:30 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wei] CSS Class selector. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey wei,
with your code to inspire me, check what I've come up with in the add on's forum. Quite different to what you were doing but works in Moz & IE acceptably well.

James Sleeman
PHP Programmer

mouser
Novice

Nov 22, 2003, 4:55 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleemanj] CSS Class selector. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm keen to use CSS in the vers 3 beta, I hear it was available in 2, but as a newbie to HTMLAREA I'm not sure how to put CSS into 3, I notice you have in your example, but where is your code for that?

Thanks

weeezl
Novice

Nov 23, 2003, 2:32 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mouser] CSS Class selector. [In reply to] Can't Post

Uh... guys. You need to check the CVS. There is already a css plugin that comes with the editor!

mouser
Novice

Nov 23, 2003, 10:16 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weeezl] CSS Class selector. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have, but I still can't find a CSS drop-down box that works properly - The CSS plugin doesn't seem to work with anything else but <span> tags (EG: If I put <p>Title</p> in as HTML, Wei's example can set CSS to that, but the plugin is greyed out!) Is there a CSS selector that edits all tags (and is a drop-down box?)

Search for (options)